Quick Exhaust Questions

fatman2k4

Reaction score
I do not have a 1994 GT yet....but....I have been doing research and trying to find exactly what I want so that I don't fuck myself up.....

My questions are:

Do 94-95 GT's have after cat O2 sensors?

If so, how would I go along to install an off-road X-pipe?

Thanks

95-stang

Reaction score
As i found out [thanks to the help from here] its no problem, the 94-95 sensors are before the cats, so there was no engine check light to come on. :)
I use a Magnaflow x-pipe that then goes to a Magnaflow cat-back system, nice sound too.
I took it over to my friends MOT station just to see what the emmisions were like minus the cats, and they were really good, but it would,nt pass a UK "Cat test" for the MOT. [all cars after 1991].
He says if he tests it again next year he wont make me refit the cats, though thats easier now i binned the smog pump too. :)

ryclef331

Reaction score
fatman2k4 said:
I do not have a 1994 GT yet....but....I have been doing research and trying to find exactly what I want so that I don't f**k myself up.....

My questions are:

Do 94-95 GT's have after cat O2 sensors?

If so, how would I go along to install an off-road X-pipe?

Thanks

NO! 94-95 5.0s do NOT have after cat o2s. The O2's are BEFORE the catilytic converters in the exhaust stream so anything you do to the exhaust after them has NO affect on the computer as far as emissions! NO RISK OF A CEL!

To put one on....unclip the O2 harness', unbolt the cat back, un bolt the headers (might needs some WD40 and a few extensions for this step), unbolt the A.I.R. Tube (small tube that comes from the engine bay and goes on around the crossover pipe), finally, with some help, drop the hangers (Channel Locks make quick work for squeezing them off). Transfer your O2s over to the new pipe.

Installation is reverse order!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online