Quick Fuel Diagnosis Anyone? (Coyote Swap)

OP
OP
ForeverDriven

ForeverDriven

Reaction score
Your pump should definitely be driven by a relay. The pumps draw too much current for the ecu to directly control it.

Was just looking this up as you replied. Will put one in soon.

I had a hard enough time finding any videos that covered the control pack wiring but when I finally did, it didn't even cover everything ‍♂️

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you disconnected the external pump unless there is a really big one in the tank the stock wiring should be fine. The way the needle is bouncing makes me wonder if it isn't an injector issue. Next time its doing it go and tap/tug on the back of the injector harnesses and see if anything happens. You should be able to have to give a fairly good pull to get the harnesses off so if you gently pull on them and it pops off I would start there.

OP
OP
ForeverDriven

ForeverDriven

Reaction score
Another update! Sorry these are rolling out slow, finals week of college semster and daylight savings has screwed me out of natural light lol.

I actually ended up using the relay that the other guy had for the old external pump. I had taken the pump out, already chopped up all the wires, and it was right there so why not.

The pump still did what it was doing. So I did some checking on the wires and the power wire itself (that the old guy hooked up) was fluctuating between low 14v and high 13v.

Went into the engine bay and found the wire with an inline fuse. Checked the voltage on that fuse and it was going between 14.39 and 14.1 volts. Random intervals inbetween too.

So now the question is why is this happening. The wire is currently hooked up to the stock fuse box so I'm going to test some other possible connection points and see if they have the same issue. Mainly the fusebox for the control pack and just hooking up to the battery itself.

If these also have issues, that will be tricky. Bad alternator (its the smaller alternator meant for automatic trucks, puts out 14v), bad alternator connection, bad battery, or maybe I'm just overworking this battery! After all, the old 4.6 computer and such is still hooked up so I didn't have to fuck with wiring AC, radio, etc, along with the new control pack.

We'll have to see

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online