QUICK!! p&p tb

jpajkos

Reaction score
Pretty much... When I did mine I gained a whomping 4hp

jpajkos

Reaction score
Save your money, Best mods are a good mid pipe and cat back exhaust. I know you have the mod itch but trust me. Doing it right the first time will make you much happier. Also cams are a great addition to any 2v. I have heard people porting there stock heads dropping in some cams and a ported plenum and have gained 50-60 horsepower. Anderson Motorsports did the same thing and gain 56 horsepower. Read that one in MM&FF but I have seen the guy out here in CA with ported NPI heads good cams and ported plenum and gained 50 horses.

jpajkos

Reaction score
After I did it all it did was give it a whistle under acceleration. Didn't affect the sound of the car at all.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
doing it right the first time is the reason my car is still bone stock. i want to "get what i pay for". i don't want to, say, buy a cheap intake, cause then i wont want to get one later.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
i did mine... the only thing i half way felt was maybe it pull a little easier in 3rd... but i also went through it and channeled it and all that other happy crap... took me about 10 total work hours. used a carbide bit and an air dremel

jpajkos

Reaction score
Understand bolts on are ok mods. When you read them and they say Adds up to 10-12 rwhp. Don't believe it. The best bolt on I ever bought that was true to what they advertised was a Mid pipe, cat back, and pulleys. Everything else was minimal. My Thottle body and plenum gave me 7 horsepower when it claimed to give 15-18. Pulleys are cheap bro and are easy to install. You will feel and hear the difference along with the exhuast. With pulleys, mid pipe and cat back I gained 25 ponys and it sounded super mean.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
silversol said:
If i port and polish my throttle body to 70, what can i expect? performance? sound? i can get it done for 50-60 bucks.

you can buy a used 70mm tb for like $50-75 dollars...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
silversol said:
If i port and polish my throttle body to 70, what can i expect? performance? sound? i can get it done for 50-60 bucks.

+1 best thing to do

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
silversol said:
DropTopPony said:
silversol said:

So me where? cause i have only seen them for like 200..
They aren't even 200 new....i just saw 2 70mm tb's for sale in the Modular Depot classifieds last week...one sold for $50 and one is still for sale for $75

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
silversol said:
DropTopPony said:
silversol said:

So me where? cause i have only seen them for like 200..

They aren't even 200 new....i just saw 2 70mm tb's for sale in the Modular Depot classifieds last week...one sold for $50 and one is still for sale for $75
yeah your right man. i haven't been thinking very clearly today. :drunk:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
lol thats ok no need to playa hate cuz my car is fast jk ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah