Quick Question

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
my check engine light is on b/c of my rear o2 sensor is bad and i have to get a new one....but i'm just wondering will the check engine light affect my gas mileage or performance? thanks

S

scarface

the check engine light shouldnt, however a bad o2 sensor could.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I heard that when the CEL is on, the car runs rich or the other way around? :dunno:

S

scarface

Ive never heard of the CEL itself causing issues...Now what causes the CEL to come on may cause a problem.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
your gas mileage is gonna suck...i run rich like a mofo, but that might be a mix of a bad 02 sensor, no MILs, and longtubes..but my MPG is LOW.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
^ yeah mine is low too...lol

yeah, but yours isnt your DD...and it has like twice my power. :-[

im thinking i need to hurry up and save up for my Vortech and dynotune, so i can get better gas mileage... ;Dhow many people say they need to get more power to get better gas mileage. :hammer:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
your gas mileage is gonna suck...i run rich like a mofo, but that might be a mix of a bad 02 sensor, no MILs, and longtubes..but my MPG is LOW.

I hear that. I fill up, and as soon as I pull out the gas station, Im fuggin down a quarter tank!

S

scarface

DFG_Pimpin said:
scarface said:
^ yeah mine is low too...lol

yeah, but yours isnt your DD...and it has like twice my power. :-[

im thinking i need to hurry up and save up for my Vortech and dynotune, so i can get better gas mileage... ;Dhow many people say they need to get more power to get better gas mileage. :hammer:
yeah those mods wont get you better milage...you will be down to like 8 MPG like me.

ripper

Reaction score
My car is a gas hog too but im not runnin rich just shuvin lots of fuel in there. One of the downfalls of F/I. Scarface those hoosiers are the cats ass man. I wish i had gotten them instead of bfg's. Oh well next time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online