quick question

GT Rob

Reaction score
The vacum canister inside the finder of a 95gt what's it do and what's it called

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Square one is the charcoal canister. . Then there is a small round one. .

X2^ They came with both from the factory.

Are they both vacum canisters

I don't remember what they go to off the top of my head but you don't need either one if that's what you're getting at. If not then RZ knows what they do individually.

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
I'm thinking that I have a vacuum leak just trying to figure out if maybe it might be coming from in the fender

kb1982

Reaction score
The big square box is the charcoal canister and the small one is the purge valve. The fuel vapors from the gas tank vent line go into the charcoal canister. There the charcoal absorbs moisture, and stores the fuel vapors until they are released back into the engine via the purge selenoid via signal from the pcm. I believe there may be some smog pump lines routed in that area also. Since I dont have any emissions stuff on my car, it is all removed. My ventline is hung at the back of the car near the fuel tank. If you leave this line disconnected and it is venting near the fenderwheel, you would possibly smell the vapor inside the cab of the car. Its the same thing as the ventline on motorcycles and fourwheels. If you look at the pic, you can see my gas cap ventline on the bike. I has a one way valve that wont let fuel spill out if laid over. My car doesnt have that, just a line, so if it was flipped over, fuel would leak out. I dont think its anymore dangerous than carb float bowls dumping fuel in an engine bay when they are flipped over.

toyman

Reaction score
The canister on the driver's side though is the vacuum reservoir.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online