Quick release steering wheel

abgray56

Reaction score
Has anyone added a quick release wheel to their Mustang? If so which hub and quick release did you use?

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
One of the mods on the list! What did you do about your cruise control? Did you just say screw it? I know that seems like a dumb question for a track car, but the closest open track event to me is over 2 hours away, mostly highway, so having cruise control is nice!

I know some steering wheels allow you to retain the horn, but being quick disconnect, I assume not?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
One of the mods on the list! What did you do about your cruise control? Did you just say screw it? I know that seems like a dumb question for a track car, but the closest open track event to me is over 2 hours away, mostly highway, so having cruise control is nice!

I know some steering wheels allow you to retain the horn, but being quick disconnect, I assume not?

What cruise control? LOL

You can retain the horn with some effort but I’m going to rig mine up to a separate switch. Haven’t missed it in the mean time.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I mentioned a quick release steering wheel to my wife for my birthday and all she could do was giggle.

Her reply.....

" does that go along with your quick release collection?"

THE AMOUNT OF BS FROM MY BELOVED WIFE...IM TELLING YA!!!

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
But in all seriousness, looking at NRG, they have the short hub, multiple variants of quick releases, and there own steering wheels. Any reason to not go with the full NRG compliment, or do yal have other suggestions for the various components? I know people like MOMO and Grant steering wheels alot...

OP
OP
A

abgray56

Reaction score
We're going with a NRG kit with an FRPP wheel.

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
What kind of steering wheel (normal or deep dish) places the steering wheel in the approximate location of the stock steering wheel when using the short hub and quick disconnect?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
What kind of steering wheel (normal or deep dish) places the steering wheel in the approximate location of the stock steering wheel when using the short hub and quick disconnect?

Take a measurement from the dash to the backside of the steering wheel and post it here. I’ll do the same after work.

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Looks like it’s right at 6 inches from the top of the dash.

Attachments

• CCA9B1EC-4B46-4676-B7F6-AECD62517129.jpeg
    CCA9B1EC-4B46-4676-B7F6-AECD62517129.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 6

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Also, has anyone else noticed that when sitting in the drivers seat, the entire steering column seems to be angled? I noticed this on my 2001 years ago and wasn't sure why, but this 2002 is angled the same exact way! When sitting in the drivers seat and holding the steering wheel with both hands, my right hand is closer than my left hand. It's like the steering column is angled towards the engine. Am I losing my mind?

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Worked late and forgot to measure that for you. I’ll tackle it tonight.

Did you get a chance to take a quick measurement? I'm cruising the net and want to pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow if able.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Did you get a chance to take a quick measurement? I'm cruising the net and want to pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow if able.

Hell no! Man I’ve been back and forth to the plant since 0300 and forgot.

Here you go!! Looks like about 7 3/8”-ish to the center from the front edge of the dash.

3C0491AA-9FC3-4568-A4CB-88CAEB356945.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online