Quietly quick!!!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You know what's really funny is, that whole pre-loading of the engine is completely unnecessary. Electric motors make peak torque as soon as they start working. I'm guessing this probably has to do with drive train, kinda curious what they use there.

For those who haven't driven a powerful electric vehicle yet, it will change your life. I remember a few years ago, I finally had a chance to drive one at the Jaguar Drive Experience over at L.A. Auto Show. That day I drove the I-Pace EV400 and F-Type R. F-Type R was AWD and made around 550 hp or something similar to that, but I-Pace was far more impressive in straight line.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
seems like you would still want to preload it or you just risk spinning them off the line that much more when that hp/torque load the tires up in a split second.

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
I know this is sorta an apples and pecans comparison, but a long time ago, I helped design and build personnel and cargo carriers for underground deep mines that were powered by electric motors. We only used a 3-4 hp dc electric motor on those things and it really blew me away at how much instant torque they had!! My dad was an investor in the company and wanted a demonstration of how well these things worked. We hooked up his clubcab S-10 to one and dragged it up a pretty steep hill while it was out of gear like it was nothing!! Really blew his mind and mine too!! We had the motor hooked to a chain drive that turned a Currie built (we had our own part no!!) 9 in rear axle!! No posi either! Didn't need one! But with just those lil 3-4 hp motors they really impressed me!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online