R block??

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
I see these pop up every now and again here and there. Where can i get a new one? Whats the hp rating? And are they really as good as people make them out to be?

Btw for the 5.0 guys. Whats the hp rating on our internals. Not our block but how much will the rotating assymbly and pistons hold up?

Sent from your mom's bed

RichV

Reaction score
The internals technically should be forged before you get to the 'block limit'.

Once you get to the block limits it's russian roulette with what will let go next. IMO 400 at the tires is max I'd feel comfortable with on a stock 5.0. Sure people have done more, but how are these cars driven?

You need to set a power goal, then choose parts accordingly. Plain and simple.

95opal

Reaction score
The internals technically should be forged before you get to the 'block limit'.

Once you get to the block limits it's russian roulette with what will let go next. IMO 400 at the tires is max I'd feel comfortable with on a stock 5.0. Sure people have done more, but how are these cars driven?

You need to set a power goal, then choose parts accordingly. Plain and simple.

Don't waist money on forged internals on a stock block.

The r blocks have been known to go over 1500hp
As far as buying a new one .. you cant buy them new as they've been discontinued for a while now. The boss block is its replacement. They still come up used here and there

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
I have a good stock short block didnt know if it was worth the time to get a r block and swap internals. I looked into the boss block but alot of controversy about stroking it. The skirt of the piston tends to come out of the bottom of the bore since the piston bores arent long enough. I didnt do any research before asking these questions but i soon found my answer between an r block and boss and as far as im concerned now is a boss block isnt the best for strokers. So its either an r block (used of course) or dart block

Sent from your mom's bed

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I seen a few "new" R blocks pop up. But it's close to the same price as a boss block. The boss should be fine as long as you specify it's a boss block when getting the rotating assy. As far as I know. I'm too cheap to buy a boss block.

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

95opal

Reaction score
Dart>r>boss... just sayin.... any of them are far superior to a stock block

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Thanks guys im still a long ways from getting whatever bottom end but the info was greatly appretiated

Sent from your mom's bed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online