"Race" style seats for my car, rice?

Suspect

Reaction score
i like my corbeaus and they do a great job of holding me. i will eventually upgrade to some recaros. but if money is a thing look at the summit/jegs seats. ive sat in em and they will hold you and be comfy.

ot. what cage is that 410sn95/musturd?

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
corbeau seats ftw!!!

these are going in my wrangler so if they would be rice in a mustang...def rice in a wrangler lol. would LOVE to see these in an sn.

heres some seats i got from jegs (also available at summit) procar seats

can't find a pic of just the seats sorry. nice seats though imo
I like those seats in your wrangler! Those are pretty nice. Put them in your future SN!!

The ones in your old ride look like the ones Joekd had in his car. They look nice but not sure how well they hold you in. But those do sleek and more factory than overly race style. I do like them. Pretty cheap with brackets on summit.
I was in the same boat you were are now in, I had stock cloth tan seats but I now have Summit black vinyl "racing" seats. I dont see how it would be rice to put in a nice set of seats. I love the fact that my seats now keep me in place however I drive, are very comfortable for it being something that is suppose to cut weight on your car...though I think they only take a few pounds off, the more expensive seats manage to cut alot of weight compared to your stock ones. It makes my car interior look 10 years newer if you look at the seats first haha; but really I completely recommend it.
Some people see it as rice because its a race application "only" item according to them. I want them for my daily driving, spirited driving, sharp turns, comfort, and looks. I think they will make the interior look much newer as long as they are matching. And I love that they reduce weight, gotta get whatever edge we can haha. Everything you said was great! How have those summit seats held up? They are far cheaper than the Corbeaus but not sure if that price cut sacrifices quality and safety.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Some people see it as rice because its a race application "only" item according to them. I want them for my daily driving, spirited driving, sharp turns, comfort, and looks. I think they will make the interior look much newer as long as they are matching. And I love that they reduce weight, gotta get whatever edge we can haha. Everything you said was great! How have those summit seats held up? They are far cheaper than the Corbeaus but not sure if that price cut sacrifices quality and safety.

Mine have held up very well, I DD my car so Im in them alot and Ive never felt discomfort or that they were going to fall apart lol. Vinyl is nice, hasnt started to show any wear yet either especially with where I know I rub them getting in and out. I approve of them 100%

Caboose302

Reaction score
These Corbeaus have a few thousand miles on them and they've held up very well. Only issue is the drivers side bottom bolster foam is a little soft from getting in and out. I can't wait to try them out on the Power Tour and get a good review of them. I've been using them as gaming chairs until I get my carpet so I've spent a few hours in them and they're very comfortable. I probably have spent 20 hrs in these seats and no miles lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Picked up my recaro takeoffs for 700 NEW. Taken out of a EVO8 that was turned into a rally car. Granted this was awhile back so prices may have gone up a little but there is more choose from now as well. I am partial to the EVO 8 and 9 seats. The black leather/red stitching ones in the SSL packages (Sun, Sound and Leather) are sweet.
Nice! Yeah prices on EVO seats have gone up. I wish I just had an evo :( lol

I've got rsx seats in my car , how's that for rice lol . I also have the same roll cage as him .
haha no way?! Those seats are actually comfortable and nice.

i like my corbeaus and they do a great job of holding me. i will eventually upgrade to some recaros. but if money is a thing look at the summit/jegs seats. ive sat in em and they will hold you and be comfy.

I like the corbeaus for the price. Recaros are sweet and I'm sure worth the asking price but I don't want to spend that much on seats. Good to hear about the Corbeaus. I'm okay with the Corbeau's prices but if those summit seats are worth any, then I'd swing for them since like I said I'm not doing any real racing. But I wonder how they are on quality and safety wise.

410sn95

Reaction score

Can't speak for Musturd. Mine is a Maximum Motorsports 6 point. Swing out door bars.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea mines the same mm 6pt with swing outs fixed harness bar

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
since when did putting Corbeaus in a car make it even close to being ricer? Dont worry about that man.

Even a lot of modern car's(gt500) seats dont have great bolstering to keep you planted. If you are tired of sliding, do not geat a leather seat. Keep to micro suede or cloth. This is a very common seat around the mustang community. Great seat for the pricing http://www.americanmuscle.com/corbeau-cr1-seats.html

Or if you can afford it.. Cobra Daytonas are some of the better seats out there. http://www.subesports.com/products/cat/Seats/brand/Cobra/prodID/667

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Corbeau's. I've noticed that with a lot of cars that spend a lot of time in the sun, they do tend to fade with age. I'm running a wide Forza, which is one of their fixed back options. Great for aggressive driving and autocross and I eventually ended up daily driving them and besides being a little awkward to get in and out of at first, I didn't mind them at all and I was commuting 1hr one way to school everyday. Putting it in my 67 now. Slider's are worth the coin in my opinion too. Well made, thicker metal than stock, better than I could have done hacking up factory ones. I have one spot in the vinyl on the sides from where my pocket knife's clip catches it getting in and out.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
since when did putting Corbeaus in a car make it even close to being ricer? Dont worry about that man.

Even a lot of modern car's(gt500) seats dont have great bolstering to keep you planted. If you are tired of sliding, do not geat a leather seat. Keep to micro suede or cloth. This is a very common seat around the mustang community. Great seat for the pricing http://www.americanmuscle.com/corbeau-cr1-seats.html

Or if you can afford it.. Cobra Daytonas are some of the better seats out there. http://www.subesports.com/products/cat/Seats/brand/Cobra/prodID/667
Apparently because I don't plan to use them for road racing or auto x lol, but I really don't care what people think of me. I just was puzzled on how its rice to upgrade my seats for very good reasons.

Yeah no I don't want leather in AZ! That's actually one of the main ones I'm looking at. I like the style, look, and reviews. I have noted that many mustangs have those. Now I'm also looking at the summit seats since some people suggested those and they look good. Also, I'm a small dude only 5, 4" (its okay you can point and laugh haha), 133# with a 29" waist so I need tighter fitting seat than most. Those CR1 supposedly fit up to a 36" waist so I'm not sure if I'd be floating around in that seat still.

Those Cobra Daytonas are so sexy! Seen them in a few cars and they look phenomenal. I can afford them but I don't really want to spend that much on seats as I still need a few go fast mods to satisfy me. But I do want seats now because I am really irritated by the stock seats.

lol... Meh to evo's. Built two of em with friends. Windowing the block gets to be old news real fast.
Yeah and they are expensive to mod as well, but I love the evo. And I wouldn't even mod it all out, just basic bolt ons and call it a day. I love them for looks, practicality, and the fun factor.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I like my Corbeau's. I've noticed that with a lot of cars that spend a lot of time in the sun, they do tend to fade with age. I'm running a wide Forza, which is one of their fixed back options. Great for aggressive driving and autocross and I eventually ended up daily driving them and besides being a little awkward to get in and out of at first, I didn't mind them at all and I was commuting 1hr one way to school everyday. Putting it in my 67 now. Slider's are worth the coin in my opinion too. Well made, thicker metal than stock, better than I could have done hacking up factory ones. I have one spot in the vinyl on the sides from where my pocket knife's clip catches it getting in and out.
Good to hear that you love them. Hmm I'm in AZ, it sunny year round. I don't DD my car the moment but will pretty soon as I think I'm going to sell my toyota. Yeah a fixed back would be great for your needs but a little too extreme for me. Yeah I would get the sliders to go with the seats as I want it to just be an easy bolt in and for peace of mind. Might want to leave the knife off? lol.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
These Corbeaus have a few thousand miles on them and they've held up very well. Only issue is the drivers side bottom bolster foam is a little soft from getting in and out. I can't wait to try them out on the Power Tour and get a good review of them. I've been using them as gaming chairs until I get my carpet so I've spent a few hours in them and they're very comfortable. I probably have spent 20 hrs in these seats and no miles lol

so they seem to be pretty quality seats huh? good to know.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I have a 31" waist and the CR1s are plenty snug.

Caboose302

Reaction score
All this talk of seats makes me want to go throw mine in my car with no carpet. It'd be about a close to a race car as it'll ever be.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I have a 31" waist and the CR1s are plenty snug.

Good to hear! I don't want to upgrade and still be swimming around in a seat lol.
Yea man I am a small guy and the CR1s are what I plan on putting in my car for now since i will be DDing it and still want a seat that reclines
Good to hear! Yeah I want a seat that still reclines as well. Sounds like the CR1 is going to be my seat choice.

All this talk of seats makes me want to go throw mine in my car with no carpet. It'd be about a close to a race car as it'll ever be.

I say do it! Well, if the car runs why not?! Weight reduction haha.

Redford

Reaction score
Not rice. They're lighter and hold you in more than the stock seats. They look cool and are functional, so why not?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online