Raced 94 Z28

98coupe_GT

Reaction score
my friends brother had to borrow his truck, so they swapped cars. my friend borrowing his brothers Z28.......... we raced on a 1/2 dead straight road by my school today. i had him up until 90mph, then he started pullin on me pretty quickly. as much as i hate complaining and making up excuses, my rear tires are almost as bald as britteney spears. but i get new ones this weekend!! hes got the Z28 for 2 weeks so another race will be coming soon. i dont expect to win of course. after all im stock 5spd (225hp) and he's stock Auto (275hp) but maybe if i get traction in first and second ill be able to keep a big enough head start.

Adam

Reaction score
Thats cool. I have one for you. I was driving home from Bradenton, Florida to Iowa, I had raced my car all day in Florida, and had been on the road about 10hrs when I decided to stop in Tennessee for the night. I was looking for a hotel in some town in the mountains and there was some kid cruising a 93+Z28 around. Well he lined up with me and I smoked him so bad that he followed me to a Comfort Inn to BS and find out what I had under the hood....lol. Now, I also had my slicks/wheels/tools/and other racing crap in the trunk and backseat. My car never made me prouder than it did that night.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ditch that intake and cams and he won't be walking you at 90mph, even just going to the PI intake and cams will extend your usable rpm range enough that you will probably stay with him the entire time. I remember when i was stock and it would just fall flat on its face after 4000-4500 rpms.

voidfinger

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Ditch that intake and cams and he won't be walking you at 90mph, even just going to the PI intake and cams will extend your usable rpm range enough that you will probably stay with him the entire time. I remember when i was stock and it would just fall flat on its face after 4000-4500 rpms.

Tell me about it :( the rpm capablilities on the npi is so so so depressing....

Whistler98

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:

+1

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you should do pretty decent against him, LT1 aren't anything great....LS1 on the another hand are a differetn breed. :eek:

G

GREG@SN95

yeah

lt1s ain't nothing... they have them shitty siamese ports... poor design IMO

97blackgt

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
yeah

lt1>non pi anyday if u ask me

i think they are actually very nice engine and they put down some decent numbers

G

GREG@SN95

97blackgt said:
GREG@SN95 said:
yeah

lt1>non pi anyday if u ask me

i think they are actually very nice engine and they put down some decent numbers

yeah they are...

voidfinger

Reaction score
they also have a lot more CI than our cars do, bump a npi 4.6 up to a 351 and it could deal with a lt1 in my opinion.

97blackgt

Reaction score
yeah thats true....281 just isnt enough CI to keep up with the competition :lame:

97blackgt

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol thats why "you" need a 5.8 lol. :dancing6:

ford 5.8 < chevy 5.7

it sucks but either way 4.6, 5.0, or 5.8 it takes a lot of modding to run as well as chevy engines to for the most part :nonono: :'(

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
You guys are going to talk trash on lt1's? Before my 95 gt i had a 94 z28 camaro that was stock with the exception of flow masters. That thing would blow the doors off of my gt any day of the week and i got quite a bit of bolt on's on my gt. Do not under estimate it.

G

GREG@SN95

95Grandtouring5.0 said:
You guys are going to talk trash on lt1's? Before my 95 gt i had a 94 z28 camaro that was stock with the exception of flow masters. That thing would blow the doors off of my gt any day of the week and i got quite a bit of bolt on's on my gt. Do not under estimate it.

Powerfull motor... strong motor...

I don't care for them... but I Ford guy...

97blackgt

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

Powerfull motor... strong motor...

I don't care for them... but I Ford guy...

+1 they are strong engines but they still look like ass (most of them) MUSTANG FTMFW :drunk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.