NEW EDG's Pro Street 2002 GT

Snorky

Reaction score
Got the Bassani X-Pipe in tonight but couldn't start it up since I finished at 12:30am. Looks better than the rusty old stock H though that's for sure.
View attachment 22156
That things going to sound SO good!! What catback is on your car? Loved the sound of my bassani x with and without cats. With stingers. Bassani catback. Even sounded wild with my buddies flowmasters when we traded mid pipes for a few months.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That things going to sound SO good!! What catback is on your car? Loved the sound of my bassani x with and without cats. With stingers. Bassani catback. Even sounded wild with my buddies flowmasters when we traded mid pipes for a few months.
The car had a flowmaster cat back when I bought it which is surprisingly quite docile with the catted X. I don't even notice a difference in sound TBH between the Bassani catted X and the stock H. I might throw some Spintech 9000's on it to get more noise.

Snorky

Reaction score
The car had a flowmaster cat back when I bought it which is surprisingly quite docile with the catted X. I don't even notice a difference in sound TBH between the Bassani catted X and the stock H. I might throw some Spintech 9000's on it to get more noise.
Pull the cats out and then you will notice a huge difference In tone. But it will be stinky and loud AF

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ahhh good point! Standard one it is
I just ordered the Standard Unit w/ spring perches with a 7% discount code and my credit card points because fuck it. I figured I'm tearing everything else out, may as well knock that out too.

The upper spring mounts are bolt in so when I switch to coilovers later I can switch to MM A-Arms to offset the wheels forward and remove the perch to shed some weight.

Snorky

Reaction score
I just ordered the Standard Unit w/ spring perches with a 7% discount code and my credit card points because fuck it. I figured I'm tearing everything else out, may as well knock that out too.

The upper spring mounts are bolt in so when I switch to coilovers later I can switch to MM A-Arms to offset the wheels forward and remove the perch to shed some weight.
Sounds like what I did with my upr k in my green car. Ran speing perches woth stock a arms. Then deleted them when I added the upr a arms and MM coilovers. So much room!!

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Things are snow balling. Ordered Bassani Mid Length Headers and a Maximum Motorsports Solid Steering Shaft because...while I'm in there lol

Snorky

Reaction score
Things are snow balling. Ordered Bassani Mid Length Headers and a Maximum Motorsports Solid Steering Shaft because...while I'm in there lol
I like my bassani midlengths. They left lots of room compared to regular longtubes and had fantastic ground clearance unlike longtubes.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like my bassani midlengths. They left lots of room compared to regular longtubes and had fantastic ground clearance unlike longtubes.
The thing I like is still having access to the transmission. I'm also not chasing times or dyno numbers. Just here for fun, not for extra headaches. It'll lay down the numbers it lays down and it'll run the times it runs.

Snorky

Reaction score
The thing I like is still having access to the transmission. I'm also not chasing times or dyno numbers. Just here for fun, not for extra headaches. It'll lay down the numbers it lays down and it'll run the times it runs.
Honestly I doubt they will be much different from longtubes.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Little disappointed today, tried to have a local shop roll the fenders and the clear coat started to crack immediately so they stopped and said no. Probably just going to drop it anyways and see if it rubs and go from there.

Snorky

Reaction score
Little disappointed today, tried to have a local shop roll the fenders and the clear coat started to crack immediately so they stopped and said no. Probably just going to drop it anyways and see if it rubs and go from there.
Need to use a heat gun when rolling yo help avoid that

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Need to use a heat gun when rolling yo help avoid that
They were, problem is this car was hit and repaired like 20 years ago and I'm honestly not sure if the fender is all metal or not. If you look at my fender...
PXL_20230111_224411657.MP.jpg
Vs my buddy's
IMG_20230111_213250.jpg

The dots on his panels are very uniform and lined up whereas mine are all over the place. So the guy stopped out of an abundance of caution but I guess my plan is to lower the car anyways and see if it rubs. If it does then I will probably just buy the tool and try to roll them myself.

Snorky

Reaction score
They were, problem is this car was hit and repaired like 20 years ago and I'm honestly not sure if the fender is all metal or not. If you look at my fender...
View attachment 22834
Vs my buddy's
View attachment 22835

The dots on his panels are very uniform and lined up whereas mine are all over the place. So the guy stopped out of an abundance of caution but I guess my plan is to lower the car anyways and see if it rubs. If it does then I will probably just buy the tool and try to roll them myself.
Does look a bit suspect, and who knows how good of a prep job they did on the paint

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Does look a bit suspect, and who knows how good of a prep job they did on the paint
Yeah I have 275s right now and only going with a Pro Kit so might be able to get away with it. But if I jump to 315s and/or drop it any lower later I'm going to have to address it for sure.

joemomma

Reaction score
FWIW, I run 315/35/17 on Sportlines with KYB shocks/struts, and the only time I rub is if I push it pretty hard on an uphill turn. For example, when turning on to my road from the highway, if I turn in real quick or get on it during the turn/transition, it'll briefly rub just for a split second. I've not noticed any damage on the tire, wheel, or fender. I did flip the quad shocks.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
BMR shipped the K-Member today. Just waiting on the headers from Bassani and Motor Mounts from MM now.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Been slacking on this car for a while. Will remedy that in short order. Just replaced the trunk struts tonight but will try to knock out a lot more this week.
1000003968.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online