racks

chrajohns0

Reaction score
i have been reading on another forum.... dfwstangs.... about manual racks. i am lost on this issue. what did our cars come with, mine is a 95gt. and are they worth it on a dd? is there something tolook for when getting one if it would help out on a dd? let me know something! :help2:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
You do realize what a manual rack is? It gets rid of your power steering (something you want on a dd for sure). It gets rid of the power steering pump freeing up hp but is basically something people only do to race cars not dd's. You have pry never driven a vehicle w/o power steering and you dont want to drive one everyday that is for sure

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you dont want it on a DD I was debating on getting it anyways but decided not too because of the hassle. It helps for weight, more power because the pump isnt running, plus the overall feel of handling is better WHEN your moving ive been told, but parking and stuff would be a bitch espically if you have large wheels or fat tires. I know manual steering on a 4cly with 13/55/125s is a bitch haha. I couldnt imagine sticky fat large wheels.

OP
OP
C

chrajohns0

Reaction score
honestly i didnt know what the heck it was. stupid me. yah i have driven a car with out power steering. my 68 mustang had the power steering belt go out and i drove it like that. it did suck. thanks for the info guys!

Reaction score
Manual rack - basically you are turning the wheels directly related to how you turn the steerting wheel

Rack and Pinion - You turn the steering wheel 12 degrees, the wheel moves one degree, hence the 12:1 rack and pinion.

Stay with a Rack and Pinion on a DD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online