radiator help!! Urgent

96 blue moon

Reaction score
It does sound like you have air in the system. Remove your thermostat and fill your intake with antifreeze until it is full. Then reinstall your thermostat and housing, top off your radiator and resevoir bottle. Start your engine, let it idle and watch your temp gauge. These mod motors get air bound very easy. Try that and see if that works. What year is your car?

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
it is a 98 with the pi swap.. I pulled the thermostat out and there is coolant right there and i also pulled the sensor and there is coolant there also..but the car was a little hot and wat did not seem right was that the coolant did not spew out like normal when i pulled the stat..I let it run for a lil bit and the temps reached 225 so i shut it off.. should let it go longer than that??

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
alright guys, i manual switched that bitch for now. the temps are good but the damn factoory gauge is red-lining and i realized that the gauge sensor's tip is gone. dont ask how that happend but could that be the reason the fans are not kicking on?

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Yeah that's weard that the tip is missing off the sensor. My question is where is the broken tip that came off? Because the tip on the sensor is broken the sensor is giving the ECM a false reading and that's probably why your fans are not coming on. I would fix the sensor first. Do you have 1or 2 fans? If you have a 1 fan system turn on your a/c and that will turn on your fan to let you know that your fan is working. When you pulled your thermostat was your engine cold? Also, to make sure your fan is working unplug the fan connector and take some wire leads and then install one of the leads to the positive side of the battery then take the other end of the same lead and install it to the terminal on the fan. Do the same for the negative side terminal this will also tell that your far motor is working. :thumb:

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Also, did you make sure that your thermostat is working. If you have a spare thermostat try to swap them when the motor is cold to see if that changes things.

OP
OP

98vortech

Reaction score
everything was working perfectly before the swap. could it be a bad connection at the fan cuz the connector is not all that great.. but the fan does work. are there any fuses that are hidden anywhere?

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Make sure that the fan connector is making good contact and that the terminals did not spread apart not making good contact. The fuse for the fan should be under your hood along with the fan relay. Make sure that both of them are good. If you turn your a/c on the fan should automatically come on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online