Radiator options

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
over a year and no issues thus far. only paid 165 durring black friday in 2016. but after new rad was installed i faced the challange of finding and replacing the rest of the cooling system. its all brand new now. oh and no tsb done to mine, according to svt. two things to look for with mine were the honeycomb grill and extra shrpud by coolant tank still being on the car. she stays dead center even at stoplights. 180* tstat helps there.
ce5c2b115889d4c135c39ba7a18ae82a.jpg
37dd444b06f2f9aaa1198ede798c11d8.jpg
d1e59702f687c8dbf801b673d13de24a.jpg
271ba7da111c2aa7f736cfbdce8dedd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sk8erord

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to tell if I have the new condenser on mine (from the TSB) or the stock one? PN or some other way to tell? Also, how hot is too hot for coolant temp? Torque pro says I get upwards of 220* on a hot day with the A/C on - so I roll down the windows and blast the heat for a few and it drops down to the 210* range. Also thinking about replacing the radiator, as I have no idea if it's ever been replaced. I bought the car less than a year ago for a project. :p

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, you want around 18. I think the oem one that created the issues was like 22 or 24. I would think that the service history for the vehicle at ford would show if it had been done. you can almost tell about the condenser just by looking at it. the oem problem one. to look at, the fins were really tight against each other. I don't remember being able to see thru them at all.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
looked it up on another forum from back when I did mine. the problem one is 22 per inch. you want 18 or at most 20. the 97-98 condenser is supposed to be correct but some people when they ordered one, wound up with the same wrong fin count and did not help the problem.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
96laser...glad you have had good luck with your sve radiator. I went thru two in no time with them cracking...one within a week of putting it in. wound up with the mishimoto one with the bracket system on it. I have read of even Griffins and other expensive ones cracking in mustangs. thats whey mishi went to the new bracket system on theirs that has rubber grommets that help to minimize the effects of flex.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score

for me, this comes up from that link

Flex-a-Lite Automotive

[h=1]Whoops, our bad...[/h]
The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.
  • If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
  • If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.
What can you do?Have no fear, help is near! There are many ways you can get back on track with Magento Store.
  • Go back to the previous page.
  • Use the search bar at the top of the page to search for your products.
  • Follow these links to get you back on track!
    Store Home My Account

Shopping Tools

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
when I plugged in for the mustang, only fans came up for a 98 which I assume would also be true for the 97. 96 had no listing at all.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
If you're not getting enough cooling, I'd try the 97 parts before anything else. What are the oe temps vs your current programming? Tstat? Underdrives?

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
generally that is true, just be sure to count the fins first though to be sure since some have ordered 97 parts and got the same bad fin count.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
on various forums, most of the aluminum ones, even the known expensive ones, have complaints of cracking except, so far, for the mishi with the bracket system. I can say in all of our heat down here, that one has worked the best for me.

my friend's 96 with a turbo...he has the same one and it has worked fine for him as well.

probably no guarantee that any of them won't have some kind of issue, absent having a non aluminum, custom made 3 row made.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My mishi with the new bracket never leaked. And if it does ever start they send you a new one for $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to buy an aftermarket aluminum rad, order the mishimoto flexible mounts. They do sell them separately.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
they bolt to the side of the mishi radiator so not sure you can use them on any radiator without welding on mounting points.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they bolt to the side of the mishi radiator so not sure you can use them on any radiator without welding on mounting points.
pretty sure there is an optional mount that they sell that replaces the factory mounts on the top and that is what he means.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online