Rafael 97 Mustang GT - New guy - Marine Corps Vet - Supra guy

Phxaz92

Reaction score
My name is Rafael and im a Marine Corps Veteran born and raised in Phoenix, AZ and a mustang owner for about a year now. Ive owned mostly Supras my whole driving life and I do have my muscle car side so im building my favorite body style mustang this 97. Ive done a few mods to it so far: BBK throttle body and intake, strut brace, SCT Tuner, and a short throw. I am going to spoil my stang very soon since now it will be my main focus. My plans for this mustang are to keep it a 2v but build it fast enough to run with the guys out at TX2K. I am training with Porsche right now in Pennsylvania and will hopefully end up in Texas by mid next year as a Porsche Tech. I will be staying true to my stang by keeping it a 2v but will be going with twin turbo's. I would procharge but i've done spool all my life and know theres always ways around the lag. Hope to hear tons of feedback and will follow and comment on tons of 2v builds along with any others that catch my eye. Ive looked around before posting too and saw that you guys are super nice to everyone and have a high reputation, hence the reason I made an account the day before new years to kick off this next year with a bang! Sorry about the long story but at least its better than reading 2 sentences on me being new haha. Definetely not new to the car game. In fact, i've owned 5 mk3 supras all over 400rwhp and 1 mazdaspeed3 2013 at 365fwhp. Have a great day and HAPPY EARLY NEWYEARS!:headbang:

PS: I finished sanding my mustang down a couple weeks ago getting ready to paint it so paint is looking bad haha.
20151231_133147_zpskarb8rkv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151231_132004_zpsvpnog51q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151231_131829_zps2x2tmrge.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151231_133106_zpsjblusdsx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Yes, those are 2000 Mustang Cobra R wheels :smiley: I kept them on because they're not common and my name starts with an R so the R on emblem seemed suitable.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site man! I like the way this build is headed, make sure you keep us updated with the progress as things move along!

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
Great plan and goals, will be looking forward to the build.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Welcome! Looking forward to this one! Nice previous cars list too! My buddy had a blue Mazda speed 3 named smurf on meth. They are fun cars. - What color will you be painting the mustang?

OP
OP
Phxaz92

Phxaz92

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for a warm greeting and to answer a question the mustang will be painted red again but unsure as to what red in specific. Definitely not the OEM red because its over rated and difficult to make stand out haha. I have a small parts list on AM and LMR totalling around 6k haha so time to save a little more. Im going to make sure that my mustangs built bottom up before I get further so my suspension is priority with sway bars and motor mounts etc, because theres no use in having tons of horsepower if you cant put it to the ground. I know from experience trial and error in my supras, its a bad day when you burn all the way through 3d and then finally get traction haha. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!:wave:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online