Rain guards

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
Does anybody have pictures of rain guards installed on there car I have a 96 and have tried dry fitting then just can seem to find the right way to put then on as far as placement

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lutter94

Reaction score
Like the window thing? Black plastic trim above the window? How would you open the door? Roll down the window every time you open the door??

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Do not put those on your car. Look terrible and make no sense being on an sn95.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I tried them in a car once, I didn't like how they jammed into the window track I figured there would be increased wear & tear there plus they squeaked badly unless the window was rolled up tight! Which defeats their purpose! LOL...Maybe I got a cheap brand or something. ??

Royal96

Reaction score
What are even the purpose of those things? So you can drive with your windows down in the rain?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yeah you can crack the window a little bit while it raining or while you are on the interstate and it makes the noises a little more bearable. I have them on my work truck, and I have no problem with them on trucks. On mustangs though, the way the windows are designed you can kind of crack it and still not get wet. I don't think they will work well on our cars.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still stuck wondering how you would open and close the doors?!? Our doors don't have a frame around the window which is where rain guards attach.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
G

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
They stick to the pillar above the door just sit high enough you can still open the door with the window up

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought they were only really popular with smokers? Who else cares about a window open in rain or high speeds?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Must be a coupe thing because as soon as I crack the window in my car when it rains, the interior gets soaked.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
They work alright on vehicles where the window rolls up into the door, I'm still confused on how the would even work on a sn-95 where the window isn't framed by the top of the door.... OP you should post up some photos of what you have and where they are supposed to sit on the pillar

OP
OP
G

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
They work alright on vehicles where the window rolls up into the door, I'm still confused on how the would even work on a sn-95 where the window isn't framed by the top of the door.... OP you should post up some photos of what you have and where they are supposed to sit on the pillar
I will when I get home in 3 days

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.