Ram Air Question.

fixthedoor

Reaction score
I put a Cervini's ram air hood (with the upgrade) on my car, so does someone have any advice/experience to give about the next mod I should do that will assist ram air the best? The motor is stock with headers and ram air being the only bolt-ons. Funds are tight right now so please take that into consideration.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Give us some pics and info on that ram air hood? Did it make a difference or what?

Reaction score
That hood looks :eek:utofcloset: IMO

I would get one or both

-3.73's about $200 for the kit and $300 for install.
-Midpiple $150 for O/R, $300 for catted

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
That "ram air" hood is probably hurting performance more than helping. If you want real ram air get a blower or turbo!

OP
OP
F

fixthedoor

Reaction score
Here's some pics. I've always liked the style of the hood and bumper so after I rear ended some dipshit stoner in some POS tempo I had good reason to get it. Both the hood and bumper are very well made, and the insert for the ram air fit perfectly. After the insert was glued to the underside of the hood I used filler to blend it into the hood. The bumper cover came with brackets to tie the bottom of it to the frame. I had my lil bro weld some angle metal to the frame and tied the brackets into those. I riveted a piece of flat aluminum to the bottom of the left and right side of the bumper to keep them from sagging over time. Performance wise, I haven't noticed a difference when I accelerate from a dead stop, but at highway speeds (50+) the engine is more responsive to slight throttle inputs and the tranny is not so quick to drop into third.

Within a month the car will be painted so it won't look like such a beater. At the end of this week I'll find out when I can take it into get it painted, I'm just waiting for my fiance's uncle (he has a paint and body shop) to give me the go ahead.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Reaction score
Sorry...I think its rice. IMO any mods that you want people to ''hey look at me'' is rice. IE, body kits, wings, neon, etc. Well good luck with the paint.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I would skip on the ram air though because I knew someone with a
94 GT that had ram air and somehow got a small bird caught up in there.

G

GREG@SN95

do heads

head are the most restrictive part on our cars... swapping them out will yield better power as well as MPG

a much better mod then ram air since they are making power @ idel when ram air does nothing until yer moving... fast

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online