RAM HDX Clutch vs Ford Racing

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So my mechanic told me to look into a RAM HDX clutch, when I asked how stiff it was. He said look for a motorsports clutch, aka ford racing. Was going to go ahead and order it when a buddy said the ford racing ones don't hold up well, and to also look into the ram hdx. How stiff is the pedal? This is my daily driver, so I don't want an extremely firm pedal.

Sinned83

Reaction score
FYI exedy makes tons of OEM clutches and is probably a better option than either of these.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I have a RAM clutch sitting in my garage waiting to go on....I heard good things about it so grabbed it incase my stock clutch ever decides to go lol. I picked it...you should too :)

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Not very happy with my HDX and I've been thru two of them. Pedal feel isn't great and it doesn't seem to hold up well under abuse.

After about 6 months (sorry for instagram shot)

tumblr_mv8pr86Q4z1qcyc01o1_500.jpg

I'm gonna go with a mcleod next time

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Just put in a ford racing clutch and it feels great compared to the rock solid piece of crap that was in when I bought it. I haven't "broken it in" yet but I don't see the point of driving a dd hard all the time, no matter what brand u get driving hard will shred it up

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I occasionally romp on it. But I don't abuse it at all. Buddy of mine had an HDX in his 97 and liked it, said its a tad stiffer than a 2014 GT's clutch pedal. My other friend has a 2014 in stick, clutch isnt heavy at all

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
S197s have hydraulic systems, I hope it isn't stiff like a pre dinosaur cable driven clutch.

I've okay stuff about RAM but never had one; you can't go wrong with Mcleod! My next clutch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online