Random Thought Today - Am I an Idiot

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
So I was thinking today how I want to get my rear to sit just a tad bit lower. I cut about a 1-1.5 coils off the rear springs at first and wasnt happy with it so I cut another half coil off. After I did this there was barely a difference. Today I realized Ive never done anything with the pinion snubber. Is it possible that as low as my car is with the stock snubber that it is sitting on it? Do you think if I remove or cut it the car will drop anymore? Or is it far enough up there it doesnt matter. The springs are similar to prokits with 1.5-2 coils cut plus adj lca's maxxed out on low.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
poke up there and take a look... put a dab of vaseline on the bottom of the snubber, drop the car to load the suspension, lift the car back up and see if the vaseline transferred off the snubber. :)

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Ill give it a try this weekend. I guess I may as well take it off and cut it then

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Im not getting my hopes up for it lowering any but hopefully it will increase the ride quality a little. I feel my setup is similar to Ferocious' but he has much more lows

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Regardless you should at least trim it. Or you will bottom it out and give you a shitty ride. . 2 coils it's a lot.. did you index the springs properly. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Regardless you should at least trim it. Or you will bottom it out and give you a shitty ride. . 2 coils it's a lot.. did you index the springs properly. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

At one point I think they were but they've probably moved around some. I never really found a definitive answer on which is the correct way. Both pigtails pointing toward the center? Both pointing towards passenger side?

RichV

Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous with this lowering contest. :p

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Yeah you're probably riding on the bumpstop, lol. I did the exact same thing. I cut a full coil off, saw zero difference in height, took the snubber off, and the car dropped a ton.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
You're that low with the stock snubber? Your car must ride horrible. I cut and cut and cut until I ended up with nothing lol. I took it all off because the car kept riding the snubber with super sports and adj. lowers maxed out. The car kept riding the stupid thing even with it being just 3/4" tall.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Yeah you're probably riding on the bumpstop, lol. I did the exact same thing. I cut a full coil off, saw zero difference in height, took the snubber off, and the car dropped a ton.

This gives me hope. I really want the rear 3/4"-1" lower

You're that low with the stock snubber? Your car must ride horrible. I cut and cut and cut until I ended up with nothing lol. I took it all off because the car kept riding the snubber with super sports and adj. lowers maxed out. The car kept riding the stupid thing even with it being just 3/4" tall.

I didnt think it was too bad. We'll see if it improves any when I take it out

How the **** do you have a functioning exhaust that low?

I've had the exhaust bent/welded/tucked to fit closer to the body. I hardly ever scrape it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online