random? v6 vs. v8 weight distribution

NERD

Reaction score
Just a random question while I'm on the think tank. What's the weight distribution Front and rear of both.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I know the GTs are 57/43. Don't know about V6s. I don't think there's a huge difference weight wise when the motors are fully dressed. I'd go out on a limb and say less than the weight of a 10 year old.

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
Discounting the driver, what major fabrications could be done to balance it out more. In some of the old hot rods we'd just notch the firewall and push the drive train back a few inches.

In the SN's case I don't see that as being possible while keeping a full accessory engine. IRS could add handling and lessen unsprung weight to the rear while a Kmember could lighten the front.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Aluminum explorer block saves like 75lbs if I remember right. A/C delete is around 30, K member, tubular A arms, aftermarket exhaust trims a lot believe it or not. IRS would add weight to the rear which is a good thing considering it out trades the SRA in terms of handling.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
K-member/coil over setup for the front end. Theres not really much you can do unless you start stripping interior pieces which is unpleasant and rough for the ride.

List of Weight saving mods:
K-member/Coil over
Aluminum driveshaft
Aluminum flywheel
Light weight brakes
Light weight wheels
Rear-seat delete
Spare tire removed
Racing Seats

IF you add all those up you could save about 300-400lbs which can put you around 2900lbs+.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online