Randomly cutting out for a brief second

95gt444

Reaction score
My 95 5.0 has had an intermittent issue, where it will just cut out for a split second usually only once per drive cycle sometimes more frequent. Parts I have changed so far.

walbro 255 ppump
mallory fpr
msd coil
explorer 19# iinjectors
fuel filter
plugs n wires
msd billet dist. Replaced pip with napa unit before iinstalling
bbk 75mm maf
iac is good and so is tps

Thinking something with ignition switch or tfi? It's a nice day car but frustrating to drive like this 95% time runs awesome.

familytruckster

Reaction score
I'd do the TFI, since everything else has already been done. I'd also check all the connectors and wiring. I had an issue last week on my other ford, thought it was TFI. It ended up being the connector for the +12V to the coil.

OP
OP

95gt444

Reaction score
Temp is usually normal operating temp. Will happen during acceleration or just coasting. I did koeo test. Codes 511,565,211,327. I have all emissions removed so only relevant code is for the pip which is brand new echlin napa brand, installed in my used msd dist. It was doing this with the oem dist too.?

thanks,ClaytonClayton

OP
OP

95gt444

Reaction score
It was doing this with stock dist. Also if the pip is new in the msd there are no other electronics to fail. Thinking the napa pip is crap outta the box.

RichV

Reaction score
Does it die and you have to come to a stop? Or fires right back up after a few seconds?

Problems like this are a PITA. It was doing this before all the parts in the 1st post were installed?

OP
OP

95gt444

Reaction score
Was doing it before all parts replacement, pulled my bbk maf put stock back in runs way better.

OP
OP

95gt444

Reaction score
Well the maf wasn't the issue, went to take it to work today, first 10 miles ran great, then bam ce light wouldn't idle and ran like crap. Came home, after work pulled codes 511,512. I have a sct4 chip installed. Vehicle ran for 30 minutes idling wanted to see if heat was a factor, then stalled and would not idle again, pulled codes again, same codes the. Ran perfect?? I changed the sct4 switch normally set on 3 to 0 and it did the same thing as this morning stalled ce light and wouldn't idle and ran like crap, setting 4 which is stock tune, would run way better, but if when car running trying to cycle between 0 to 4 settings would act up. Could the sct4 chip or switch be bad? Or ECM issue?

95opal

Reaction score
Pull your kick panel and check to see if the chip is seated and not wiggling around and losing contact.

OP
OP

95gt444

Reaction score
Pulled kick panel, all wires tight chip was tight,pulled chip out. Started up idle is 750 perfect, test drove 10 miles 0 issues so far seems to have just as much power without the chip.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
My car started to do this once. Normally under acceleration after it was warmed up. I eventually tracked it down to the CAI being a little loose and when it got warmed up it would slip off enough that would cause problems. maybe check it out, ya never know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online