Rantheman's Offical Dissapointment Thread!!!

Rantheman

Reaction score
sorry guys my tuner won't tune it they heard it and said they wouldn't tune it and that i should look into some stuff so yes i am tearing it down pulling it out and taking it to a shop to have the motor rechecked willse what happens I don;t mind pulling the motor out it fun. my tubalur k-member makes it easier. I think I am going to drop the k-member this time with the whole motor and trans instead of pulling it from the top! but what i have is a horable knock and the tuner nore a few shops could not identify it so I am tearing it down rechecking some things. and going to take it to a shop have them look at it and while I have the motor out I am going to go back port and polish the heads and install a windage tray.

before
mustang175.jpg

mustang176.jpg

1 hour later
mustang177.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
it sad how fast i am doing this it's like i got it down to a science but here are so more pics

mustang178.jpg

mustang179.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
ok got farther I got the fuel injecton out of the way the bbk tb and plenum out I am just about done on the top end so soon i will go under and pursue to keep going

mustang180.jpg

mustang181.jpg

mustang182.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Well I got theupper radiator hose off so I am done for now. When my buddy gets off work i will go under the car maybe tonight or tomarrow i will have it out

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
damn i wish i knew how to do this stuff. I got alittle into the intake manifold install and ended up having someone else install it lol.

Hopefully you find out the knock problem is! GL

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
thanks actualy ford made it look hard but it really isn't just label everything and keep the bolts together it helps

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
yeah port polish my heads ,degree my cams, windage tray, rear shocks to match the front, paint rear calipers, and possiably get a scatter shield

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Sorry i am a picture freak but I like to keep everything i do logged

so here is my quick update i am done tonight but i got th e midpipe out the car is up on all fours and tomarrow i am goine to disconnect the clutch cable take the front wheels off disconnect the lower struts and ext.. and get the motor and trans out tomarrow

rear
mustang183-1.jpg

up on jacks
mustang184-1.jpg

mustang185-1.jpg

mustang188.jpg

my midpype
mustang189.jpg

mustang190.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
nevermind about the scatter shield I don't want to spend 300+ for it

S

scarface

I love your exhaust. Did you have custom tail pipes made, or did you hack the catbacks pipes and put a new extention pipe? on?

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
First

I just hacked the tailpipes off and put tips on but thank you for the compliments

second

They believe it is a rod knock the deep knock but I also have a tap sound too so we will see

S

scarface

Rantheman said:
First

I just hacked the tailpipes off and put tips on but thank you for the compliments

Do you have a documented pics on that? I would love to copy you..:)

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
well know I don't but I can tell you where to cut on each side it easy. ok starting from the end of your muffler it will go up about 90 degrees then it will go 180 to go back down about 3 inches after the exhaust straitens out cut it off I hope this helped if not I can try to get close pics for you

S

scarface

Pics would be wonderful man :) did you just buy straight add on tips?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online