Raptor shift light

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Anyone put in a raptor shift light? I just got mine today suprisingly and will pry try to put it in tomorrow. I want to hide it in the ac vent. I was going to tap into the tach at the back of the cluster than run the positive to the fuse box and ground it where ever i find a good ground. If i put a hole in the side of the vent will i be able to run the wires to the back of the cluster/fuse box from there or is there something in the way? I was just curious if anyone has had there gauge cluster out and been able to see the vent or not. i cant wait to get it in cuz my new kdw's will be here thurs and i need to give the old ones a proper fairwell :naughty:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
They are supposed to be pretty accurate i believe. It sounds like the stock tach is always off a little. You can hook them up to tach output lead or neg side of the coil. it says not too hook up to aftermarket high energy coils cuz it could damage the shift light. My car has a msd coil so i will try to go to the back of the tach on the gauge cluster (which i planned on in the first place) or if i have to the pcm . i guess i will find out when i get to looking around seeing where i can run wires. You can adjust the light with a screw driver so you dont need pills and you dont need a tach driver for the newer cars either. So for $85 i think they are a good deal. I havent seen any articles for the 94-95 cars its usually for the 99+ and i have seen some info on the 96-98. I dont think it should be too bad just fishing wires through and finding where to hook them up.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey I got one, put mine in about two months ago. I got mine off of a link on StangNet, it shows the installation in the vent (thats where I put mine) Its super easy to hook up and is dead on the rpm's. I got the black one with red LED's. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions on it :thumb:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
god damn that was such a... piece of cake. didnt even take me 30 mins to do it. :banana: I stuck mine in the vent. Its got the red leds with the black housing also. thought about green or blue but just decided to go with red. its gonna be funny when i freak people out when i start the car and it does its little dance lol. i was suprised how easy it went. i didnt even pay attention to see how far the rpms were off i was just so excited :dancing6: now i dont have to watch the tach any more

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
after a week or so you wont even notice the ignition led light show, it will just be a normal part of start-up

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
the install was a snap. yeah i love the way it lights up at first and the leds are pretty bright.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online