JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Saleen_Front_Splitter.png

Where can you get this from? Its sick! :thumbsup:

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by the way it flows perfectly with the Saleen front cover, I'd say it's custom.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I thought so, when I get my saleen kit I was thinking about getting one of these if it was available. I wonder how hard it is to make. Maybe Poxenham knows.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Looks custom, nice piece. That little raised part between the bumper and the splitter surface reminds me of something I've seen before but I can't put my finger on it.

I'm actually going to be testing the tubular bumper/splitter support on a saleen bumper pretty soon so I'll let you know how that goes. [begin shameless plug] With the FTR kit it includes all the hardware you need and you just make the splitter yourself (this helps accommodate different bumpers, styles, material preferences, etc.) [/shameless plug]

There's countless materials you could go with. ABS, plywood, alumalite, tegris, carbon fiber, and now something called dibond apparently? Talk to [MENTION=10532]MadStang[/MENTION], he's always finding fun new materials

MadStang

Reaction score
that's custom. made by a good friend named Rob at wicked motorsports. he's also the guy who designed my rear diffuser.

Rallim

Reaction score
Looks custom, nice piece. That little raised part between the bumper and the splitter surface reminds me of something I've seen before but I can't put my finger on it.

I'm actually going to be testing the tubular bumper/splitter support on a saleen bumper pretty soon so I'll let you know how that goes. [begin shameless plug] With the FTR kit it includes all the hardware you need and you just make the splitter yourself (this helps accommodate different bumpers, styles, material preferences, etc.) [/shameless plug]

There's countless materials you could go with. ABS, plywood, alumalite, tegris, carbon fiber, and now something called dibond apparently? Talk to MadStang, he's always finding fun new materials

Same price? I plan on going saleen bumper eventually and want that tube front lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
seems like everyone is getting splitters recently. I can understand it on a racecar but most of them look so low that it seems like little more then a future repair/head ache in the future for a street car.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
seems like everyone is getting splitters recently. I can understand it on a racecar but most of them look so low that it seems like little more then a future repair/head ache in the future for a street car.

I can see it being a pita on the street if you're not careful. When I still street drove my sn95 I actually had plans drawn up for a proximity sensor that would warn me if I was about to rip my splitter off.

IMHO if people are doing mods for looks I'd rather it be something that actually serves a function too (ie a splitter) than something that is just plain retarded (ie 20deg of camber)

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score

Saleen front bumpers do not hang low on the 94-98 cars like the cobra front bumpers, but I can see where your coming from. I definitely want to have this look on mine when i'm full saleen.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
that's custom. made by a good friend named Rob at wicked motorsports. he's also the guy who designed my rear diffuser.

I would pay Poxeham, or Rob @ wicked for a nice piece like this to accommodate my saleen bumper in the future.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are growing on me. I have been kicking around the idea of making my own version of the CDC ultimate aero shield and working in a slight diffuser into it as well.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ferocious took this pic. If anyone sees this car down in la, please get more info on this car. I am thinking of making something like this if its not too hard.
14028400806_c0301e8b68_b.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/nnDdPq

I was just about to post this picture when I opened up the thread. This one flows even better than the one in the OP.

I'll chat with the owner next time I see him. Just didn't feel like it at the show because he was a big, pissed off looking dude.

Handz

Reaction score
95% of splitters are just for posers.

Wanna make a your car? Get a driver mod. They are on ebay for $19.99 shipped.

Magic

Reaction score
I was just about to post this picture when I opened up the thread. This one flows even better than the one in the OP.

I'll chat with the owner next time I see him. Just didn't feel like it at the show because he was a big, pissed off looking dude.

IMO That car is well executed. I like the C6 ZR1 Corvette style side valence/splitter, car just flows well front to back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online