Rare Tail Lights?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what did [MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] get for that new edge set he found? I only remember it being insane, and very quickly sold....

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
WOW. I need to fly to Japan couple times a year and bring back about 4 sets each time? I work for an airline and get free flights. :headbang:

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
WOW. I need to fly to Japan couple times a year and bring back about 4 sets each time? I work for an airline and get free flights. :headbang:

If you could pick me up a set of horizontal exports for the cheap cheap, I'd love you long time.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what did DeepList get for that new edge set he found? I only remember it being insane, and very quickly sold....

I think it was upwards of $1.3K or somewhere around there.

Insane.

I'm still laughing at $793.00 and the reserve not met. I think the price people are willing to pay for them is even cooler than the taillights themselves.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a lot and you don't even have the correct harness. These things are actually turning into an investment.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what did DeepList get for that new edge set he found? I only remember it being insane, and very quickly sold....

The new edge lights are worth anywhere between $300 to $600 per set depending on condition and whether they have the harnesses with them. The 96-98 exports are worth about the same in most cases, but can bring much more with patience. The right person will eventually come along who's willing to pry their wallet open much wider. I was able to sell a set of 96-98 exports for $1.3K on eBay last year. The pictures have been archived since then, but the listing can still be viewed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300968827954 I got a lot of heat from people *****ing about it, but quite frankly, IDGAF. I'm the one laughing to the bank while they're still sitting there export tail-less.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Free Market :)

Just makes me smile every time I see the tails and mirrors sell for another $100 higher than the last set.

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
I am doing something wrong? My ebay link keeps getting deleted from this thread

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am doing something wrong? My ebay link keeps getting deleted from this thread

Since you have more than 100 posts, you can make a thread in the classifieds area to let everyone know they're for sale, along with photos and an asking price. But simply posting a link to an eBay ad is :nono:.

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
Since you have more than 100 posts, you can make a thread in the classifieds area to let everyone know they're for sale, along with photos and an asking price. But simply posting a link to an eBay ad is :nono:.

I have an ad in the for sale section already, I was just testing the waters to see what people would pay for them, I really don't want to sell them, I was just sharing the link so people could see how high the bids are, so we could talk about it as a few people did see it and made their replies to the thread, what's wrong with that? I thought this was the place to talk about car stuff.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have an ad in the for sale section already, I was just testing the waters to see what people would pay for them, I really don't want to sell them, I was just sharing the link so people could see how high the bids are, so we could talk about it as a few people did see it and made their replies to the thread, what's wrong with that? I thought this was the place to talk about car stuff.

It IS the place to talk about car stuff... Originally, the entire thread was deleted by another staff member because of the eBay link. I felt that was a tad unnecessary, so I deleted just the link and then restored the thread so we could continue the discussion on export tail lights.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what an export mustang costs to import into Canada.
If its cheap enough I should buy a bunch of v6s and part them out!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you kidding me from what I hear about how they tax your ass on anything shipped in that will be a lot of tail lights sold to the customs and shipping fees.

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
It IS the place to talk about car stuff... Originally, the entire thread was deleted by another staff member because of the eBay link. I felt that was a tad unnecessary, so I deleted just the link and then restored the thread so we could continue the discussion on export tail lights.

I think it was totally unnecessary, if we can't talk about things on eBay, can I please get promise to start a new topic about a Coyote Swapped Mustang on eBay? Lol, don't worry I don't own it and I am not the one selling it

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it's the whole eBay thing.

I think its more that you are (in a way) advertising something you are selling. So it's in the wrong section and your just providing a link to another site.

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
I don't think it's the whole eBay thing.

I think its more that you are (in a way) advertising something you are selling. So it's in the wrong section and your just providing a link to another site.

Ok, I can see that now, but I was just testing the waters and I just wanted to share what I was seeing, I set the reserve so high that it would never sell, so I guess I will not bring it up again

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im going to be buying my buddies 96 tangerine vert. next year and I've been stocking up on parts for it. I just bought a new in the box set of import mirrors, SVO heads, and SVO intake manifold. I think a set of import tails would look *****in on tangerine, but even $800 bucks is a lil too steep for me. I was hoping to come across a set for $400-$500 bucks. Mabye I'm just spoiled cause I found my Cobra tails for my 03 for $150 with harnesses NIB last year lol

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
eBay isn't the best place to buy export lights because it's the first place people check when they don't want to wait or do any foot work. (Which is good for us sellers though.) If you buy from eBay, you're probably going to spend more than you would if you wait for a good deal to come along. I see the 96-98 exports pop up on SVTP from time to time and they seem to go for about half of what they do on eBay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online

No members online now.