Raspy exhaust at 3000 rpm

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Ok I know I can't be the only one with this problem. I've got an o/r h pipe with pipes m80 mufflers in the gt catback. Car sounds amazing at idle and driving up to 2900 rpms but at 3000rpm the exhaust gets ridiculously loud and sounds like a Honda. What exactly causes the note to change so bad? I'll post sound clips Monday if you can't imagine what I'm trying to explain.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
My old v6 did the same thing with dual exhausts. It might be the nature of a v6, seems like most that i hear do change pitch at the higher RPMs. Is it running pretty good?

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Burninriverdiver It's running awesome. And sounds great at idle and driving around slow. It's just when I bring the rpms up that it get all ricey. [MENTION=17635]Orange 94[/MENTION] do you have any sound clips at higher rpm? All yours that I've seen are at idle.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple at higher rpm, but you can only really hear the blower. Mine isn't the best example because of the can and larger displacement. But there's no rasp to my exhaust, I hate raspy exhaust.

See if you can find anything on YouTube. Honestly Mac makes the best exhausts for v6s, they're even a very fair price

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
[MENTION=17635]Orange 94[/MENTION] is the go to guy! I only had one exhaust on mine (borla) and it did that. The only others I've heard are flow master and magnaflow. All seemed to change pitch when the RPMs were high, Mac might be the way to go then. I've never heard them personally but I'd trust orange

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It could be my pacesetter H pipe that makes a difference.

Do some YouTube searches and see what you like.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Right now I have a MAC hpipe. I'll look into their mufflers a bit more. Do you know which specific mufflers you have [MENTION=17635]Orange 94[/MENTION] ?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
The mufflers are causing your rasp. Honestly, I've been trying like hell to get these guys at Corsa to get into the Mustang game. I managed to get them the '15 5.0 and our production numbers for that kit alone are far higher than they had anticipated.. I have a kit on mine but it's one off and isn't going anywhere :)

That being said, my next favorite would either be a Bassani or Borla. Drone is kinda high with the Borla but it sounds good. The Bassani has a wicked sound but can be slightly raspy. My recommendation would be to check out sound clips of all the kits made for your car, and decide that way. I know American Muscle has them for the 4.6 cars, not sure about 5.0. But check youtube and I'm sure you'd find everything there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online