Rather sticky situation with my car...

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
JUST KIDDING. HUGE SHITTY SITUATION WITH MY CAR.

So the guy I bought my car from is basically a ticking time bomb... My dad is close to beating this shit out of him aswell.

I bought my car a year ago. Handed over the money with the verbal agreement that when I got the car running, he would tow the car and have it sent through emissions, VIN check, and get a safety inspection. After passing all those tests he would do the paper work and hand me a title.

Back in December my dad called him up and updated him on the status of my car. They both talked and decided the moment my car ran and idled that it would be sent through all the tests and such.

Fast forward to today. My mom just popped in my room with the lovely question, in a panicked voice, 'What will it take to get your car on the road?'
My answer was simple. 'My friend in Vernon needs to come up here with his power tools and help me with the suspension, I then need to do brakes and it will be good to go through the testing.'
My mom then told me how the guy I bought my car from is talking major shit about my dad online, and my dad is close to going off on him.

Now no one in town likes this guy, he tried to run for a spot on the town council as an independent and got 20 something votes out of the 2000 people that voted for the district. HE TALKS LIKE THIS ON FACEBOOK IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS POSTS. He bad mouths several political figures in town, including the fire chief.

He was not like this back in 2011 when I got the car from him. If I knew it would be like this I would of not bought this car.

Now I love my car. I don't want to lose the 6k I've put into it. I just want the freaking title. And to get the title I need to put about $500 into my brakes... $500 I do not have.

I also still am not 100% sure the car is going to idle. I hoped it was just the bad SMOG and idler pulley. Those have been replaced but when I put the motor back together who knows, maybe it won't idle.

I need advice on what to do. I'm in over my head. My dad is trying his best not to go off on the guy who is in possession of my title. And Im sitting here on my computer stressing the hell out about it.

Before you reply
YES I know I should have gotten the title or some signed paper promising me the title when I gave him the money.
NO I did not think I needed to at the time because he was a cool guy 2 years ago

Last time I posted about how I don't have the title the only replies I got where how I should have gotten something signed. I DIDN'T. So post your suggestions on how I should get out of this mess, and not what I should of done to begin with. I can't time travel people.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw their $0.02 my way.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I don't really understand the situation. You bought a car from somebody and he kept the title under the condition that you get the car running? You spend about $6k and need another $500 to get it running to his specifications then he gives you the title?

The whole thing doesn't make any sense.

A) Why would you buy a car from somebody with some weirdo conditions on obtaining the title... AND....
B) Why would you dump over $6,000 into it to begin with???

I'm at a loss here...

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Guys I can't make this crap up...
v0pFRH1.png

jWI5fWO.png

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Here's what I'd do.. Wait I can't write it for legal reasons.. Guy seems like a douchebag. What kinda business does he have, used car lot or somethin? Your all the way in now bro, can't pull out now, too late your both almost there (catch my drift haha). Honestly, let the guy talk smack about your dad. Keep your dad cool as ice cubes, nothing worth him getting locked up over honestly.. But realistically I'd talk to the guy straight up and tell him you ****ed me big time with this thing, give me the ****ing title and were done here. Obviously not that nice but ya know what i mean.. Try and see if Joe can give you a hand getting some stuff done, buy him a 12 pack of his choice for his time maybe.. But honestly bro, like I said earlier in this post.. Your in way too fawkin deep to do anything about it now, get the brakes done, get the springs in, put the motor back together and start that ***** up. Get the title and be done with that scumbag.. Karmas a *****.. He knew what he sold you needed a shit load of work to get it right, and thats why he was so nice to you.. Shit when I got mine, literally 20 minutes after leaving my tranny started acting weird driving home on the highway.. Guy was so nice, wound up costing my 300 bones to fix.. Can't trust anyone.. I think I went on a rant after you ranted, so cheers to RANTING! Lol.. lemme know if you need any parts to get it running that I might have laying around

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
HIS LAST NAME IS CHRISTMAS?! THATS GREAT LOOOOOOOOOOL. He can't even spell, and he tried running for a type of political position? Shit he'd probably get elected here with all the dumb shmucks voting.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I guess I don't really understand the situation. You bought a car from somebody and he kept the title under the condition that you get the car running? You spend about $6k and need another $500 to get it running to his specifications then he gives you the title?

A) Why would you buy a car from somebody with some weirdo conditions on obtaining the title... AND....

I'm at a loss here...

I'm not sure how to handle it.
I'd imagine I need brakes for a safety inspection. So while I'm saving for brakes and say my dad and him go at it, can he just take the car back? I don't know.

Because it's a huge learning experience and that 6k figure includes the cost of the car, aswell as all the parts I overpaid for during the first year of me not knowing any better.

He could also just refuse to go through with the testing and towing and not give me my title. At which point I can't really do anything with the car. I could just part it sure, but then I'm dealing with a body of a car I have no title to and next thing you know I got Mr. Officer knocking on my door.

I just need to handle it as delicatly as possible so I can grab my title and run like a mad man.

Win

Legend
Reaction score

I'm at a loss here...

im im with you on this one

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to handle it.
I'd imagine I need brakes for a safety inspection. So while I'm saving for brakes and say my dad and him go at it, can he just take the car back? I don't know.

Because it's a huge learning experience and that 6k figure includes the cost of the car, aswell as all the parts I overpaid for during the first year of me not knowing any better.

He could also just refuse to go through with the testing and towing and not give me my title. At which point I can't really do anything with the car. I could just part it sure, but then I'm dealing with a body of a car I have no title to and next thing you know I got Mr. Officer knocking on my door.

I just need to handle it as delicatly as possible so I can grab my title and run like a mad man.

Hmm.. Make a deal with the devil. Tell him don't worry about towing it, inspection, any safety shit or anything.. Just give the title over, and thats the end of it.. I'm surprised you don't know a guy who knows a guy, that could hook you up with an inspection.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Here's what I'd do.. Wait I can't write it for legal reasons.. Guy seems like a douchebag. What kinda business does he have, used car lot or somethin? Your all the way in now bro, can't pull out now, too late your both almost there (catch my drift haha). Honestly, let the guy talk smack about your dad. Keep your dad cool as ice cubes, nothing worth him getting locked up over honestly.. But realistically I'd talk to the guy straight up and tell him you ****ed me big time with this thing, give me the ****ing title and were done here. Obviously not that nice but ya know what i mean.. Try and see if Joe can give you a hand getting some stuff done, buy him a 12 pack of his choice for his time maybe.. But honestly bro, like I said earlier in this post.. Your in way too fawkin deep to do anything about it now, get the brakes done, get the springs in, put the motor back together and start that ***** up. Get the title and be done with that scumbag.. Karmas a *****.. He knew what he sold you needed a shit load of work to get it right, and thats why he was so nice to you.. Shit when I got mine, literally 20 minutes after leaving my tranny started acting weird driving home on the highway.. Guy was so nice, wound up costing my 300 bones to fix.. Can't trust anyone.. I think I went on a rant after you ranted, so cheers to RANTING! Lol.. lemme know if you need any parts to get it running that I might have laying around
[MENTION=11138]joekd[/MENTION]

LOL
Yea.. I thought I read somewhere that a dealer can lose their license for selling cars if they do something like this... I'm not sure what exactly it said they have to do to lose their license but it'd be great to have somethign against him to insure I get my title. And yea he ran a shop with a salvage yard next door, since I bought my car he's expanded into the used car buisness... This is his website...... http://www.christmascars.net

FYI: When I bought my car he told me the car started when he bypassed the fuel tank, and claimed it needed just a fuel pump. Well **** me for not having him show me it ran right? $600 into the fuel tank, pump, sending unit, etc, later it started but doesn't idle......... That is 100% my fault for buying a car and being told it runs and taking their word for it....

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If he has the title and you have nothing in writing, all he has to do is say that you stole his car and he wants it back.

This whole situation is about retarded :handz:.

Good luck with that!

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it. I was on the phone with the DMV asking about insuring and registering and stuff, and I had explained the entire thing to her, said I paid for the car, got the car, he has title, I was told to get it running and then he'd send it through emissions etc and get me title, she mentioned he would lose his license if he did that, something about selling me a car and not giving me a title.

I actually made like 4 payments of the money over a few months to him. And with those payments I wrote up a quick receipt with the money in the payment, and the remaining money owed and such. He signed it and got his own copy and shit. I need to find those though. THAT would prove he sold it to me right?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a bill of sale for the car with a purchase price, or anything in writing at all saying that the title will be turned over upon x conditions being met, or was that all verbal?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Do you have a bill of sale for the car with a purchase price, or anything in writing at all saying that the title will be turned over upon x conditions being met, or was that all verbal?

Everything verbal excluding the written out receipts that say I paid him x amount of dollars on x/x/x date

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to pull them out... I believe most of them did.

You better hope they do. A receipt without note of what the money is going towards could be for anything... past auto repairs, a personal loan, blowjobs, etc.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You better hope they do. A receipt without note of what the money is going towards could be for anything... past auto repairs, a personal loan, blowjobs, etc.

I can assure you those payments where not for blowjobs... Lol

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
, I still don't understand why your putting all this money into a car that you don't officially own!, now if he seen the car now he would be able to take it back fair and square. You really should of saved your money and got a complete running mustang.

Now the way I would handle it is by getting the car running right the cheapest way possible, and pass the inspection quickly before your dad and the douche run into each other. Those springs should be done within hours, and brakes should be easy to find at the junkyard for cheap and good enough to pass inspection. The bad idle can be fixed with cleaning every sensor possible, there's a link that I need to find that helps you clear all idle issues. Just get the car to pass, stop doing the exterior, interior and other aftermarket stuff because it could all be gone In a split second.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Your right the springs should be done within hours except I'm working with some super basic hand tools some of which are older than me. And the fact my car has been sitting since 2001 does not help how easy stuff will unbolt.
And the junkyards by me have a lack of mustangs I can take parts off of and when they do by the time I find them they have the suspension and brakes torn out already.

I would really appreciate that link if you can find it. Hopefully I won't need it and the car will just start but who knows.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online