Rattling door panels

Bolo

Reaction score
What's the best way to stop door panels from rattling on SN-95s?

JKady

Reaction score
Find what's rattling and dampen it. Thin foam, foam tape etc... between components that are rattling or resecure things that are loose. If your door panels themselves are rattling most likely they've been removed at some point and the retainers are broken or screws are missing.

OP
OP
B

Bolo

Reaction score
Thanks I have been meaning to check them out just wondering what u guys had to say.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Find what's rattling and dampen it.
Would you recommend a hose or a big bucket? Sorry can't resist, damping a panel and dampening are two different things. But as he said you need to first figure out what is rattling and then stop it from doing so. He is correct that a screw here or some foam or sound damping material in a few spots can make all the difference.

Start off by going for a ride and figuring out where you can apply pressure to stop the rattling. You would be surprised to find that often it only needs help in one or two places to get it to stop.

JKady

Reaction score
Would you recommend a hose or a big bucket? Sorry can't resist
I find that leaving the windows down overnight lately seems to produce great results. If possible roll the windows up after the fact and avoid using the defrost to prolong dampness.

I'm better with a wrench than a keyboard, I promise!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
20 pounds of sound deadener did the trick for me. (for the doors)

OP
OP
B

Bolo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies except the smart ass ones.This was just something I wanted to ask before I fixed mine I was wondering if it was a common problem or if people knew some helpful tricks to remedy the problem like the foam tape and sound deadener.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
more then likely if they are rattling it is from being removed and then put back on either wrong or maybe with a broken hook on the back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online