rattling noise coming from air vents after install of new exhaust???

RickwithCobra

Reaction score
I am just wondering if any body else has had the same problem, where after installing aftermarket exhaust the air vents near the radio make an anoying rattling noise? and if so how to fix problem?

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
I took and pulled the air vent bezel off and lined the back of it where it touches the dash with then piece of foam material and it fixed the problem.

ArkansasMystic

Reaction score
I've got the same thing, no recent mods though, just started one day. I thought it was the clock. Either way, it's getting annoying.

OP
OP
R

RickwithCobra

Reaction score
awsume! thanx i did try to pull the bezel out but it would not come out and i didnt want to break it, does it just pop out?

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
RickwithCobra said:
awsume! thanx i did try to pull the bezel out but it would not come out and i didnt want to break it, does it just pop out?
No, you have to take out your shifter bezel, then your radio, then there is 1 or 2 tiny torx bits to take out. then it should pop out.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
there is a long plastic piece that extends towards the motor that is in the 2nd bay i believe. you have to get back there pretty far to undo it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online