Raxiom smoked tail lights

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Anybody running these or have pictures next to the stock red ones to show how dark they actually are? How was fitment? Any input is appreciated. I think they would go really well, what ya think?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I can't seem to find my side by side of a stock 96 taillight and my Raxiom smoked taillights but here's my friends stock taillights
5uxj2yv.jpg

And my Raxiom smoked before I tinted the third brake light
fRfslcL.jpg

Hope this helps

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

chris91

Reaction score
Vinyl tint on tails looks like crap after so long. Buddy of mine has the tint on his Terminator and the edges look horrible now.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I can't seem to find my side by side of a stock 96 taillight and my Raxiom smoked taillights but here's my friends stock taillights
5uxj2yv.jpg

And my Raxiom smoked before I tinted the third brake light
fRfslcL.jpg

Hope this helps

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Thats a huge help, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot man. I love the subtle tint, looks great. I'll be sure to post up pics shortly showing the comparison.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Vinyl tint on tails looks like crap after so long. Buddy of mine has the tint on his Terminator and the edges look horrible now.

+1, I have a few buddies with Vinyl and it looks like crap. Honestly for $125 you get both lights and will never have to worry about peeling/fading/discoloring, etc. sounds good to me

chris91

Reaction score
You know anyone that has had the tails for a long period of time? My tinted headlights from American Muscle had the clear flaking off within a year. Hopefully the tails dont do the same thing. Personally Id hit up your paint guy and have him throw some tinted clear on em. A quality clear wont flake off. Pretty sure [MENTION=17027]whiplash473[/MENTION] does em.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I did VHT and clear on my cobra fogs...they came out decent but I would never use it again. That's just me, some guys like the stuff. I'll post up pics with one side in to show the difference between the Raxioms vs stock

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You guys need to remember, [MENTION=8229]97stanger[/MENTION] is not worried about spending the extra dollar if its for higher quality. That should be apparent throughout his entire build lol

chris91

Reaction score
I would definitely have them done by a painter. You cant get any better than having a good tinted clear. One that wont flake off after being washed a few dozen times like my headlights did.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i would assume for $150 AM would have done that......

Yeah its crazy they don't, but every single set of headlights I've bought from them they don't have any silicone where the lens mates with the housing. My first set ever I didn't do that and had leakage issues, and I've had two different styles after with the silicone and wa-la no leaking. So just an FYI maybe that would solve your leaking issue

chris91

Reaction score
I even had to do it with the OEM tails in my car right now. They would fog up every time it would rain. Sometimes they just dont put enough.

chris91

Reaction score
Take some clear silicon and apply it to the crack where the Lens meets the Black Plastic backside. Also make sure your gasket is good between the tail and the car. Or do the 94-98 not have them?

Austinx56

Reaction score
Take some clear silicon and apply it to the crack where the Lens meets the Black Plastic backside. Also make sure your gasket is good between the tail and the car. Or do the 94-98 not have them?
i do not believe so. where can i but silicone, home depot? lowes, harbor freight?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.