Ready for the next Chapter in KB?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well as all of yall know i put in a clutch this past week which was a PITA.

I barley tightened the H pipe on due to the exhaust leaks...i figured just take it to an exhaust shop..

today i woke up and went..the exhaust shop proceeded to completley fuck up my off road h pipe. and they say i did it. :rant:

So now my car is at another muffler shop, getting high performance cats on it with a custom made exhaust system with x pipe. It should hurt my numbers a little, but we will see. at least its legal and there wont be any exhaust leaks...so we will see.

Peter

Reaction score
that sucks, how did they screw it up?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Peter said:
that sucks, how did they screw it up?

well first they decided, well its loose, lets crank em down with an impact..they proceeded to bend the flanges on both sides, and bend the pipe on the end of the pipe where it meets the exhaust manifolds.

I was pissed. Then they go, its okay we can fix it, they put high temp silicone on the ends...which i didnt have a problem with till i saw the mess they made with silicone all over the undercarriage of my car and the Hpipe.

the oxygen tube that goes to the Hpipe i specifically told them to use clamps, so i could remove it for inspections....nope they beat the shit out of it, then welded it on...so now i cant remove the Hpipe unless i get a new oxygen tube or cut it and try to jerry rig something else on there.

and after all that the hpipe still didnt clamp flush to the exhaust mani's and i still had leaks..

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sucks to hear, I wouldnt pay for shit if they F'ed up my car!

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
will do, car should be done tomm. morning, then i get to go to a tire shop to get my flat fixed..ya noticed it today when my car was on the lift at the muff shop :rant:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
damn man, shit sucks when it dosnt go right
ya it blows....one thing has lead to another...money is getting tight.

Hicks

Reaction score
plz dun bash im new with mustangs

fan for life but ive only had one for hafe a year

spooned06civic

Reaction score
damn man sry to hear that seems like your car is cursed lately

all will be good though just wait till everything is fixed and ur pounding the pavement again

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hicks said:
plz dun bash im new with mustangs

fan for life but ive only had one for hafe a year

oh OK I thought you were being funny, a exhaust leak is any point in the exhaust system that is not sealed off properly. Like where the header meets the head ( if there is a gap between them ) where the header meets the mid pipe or the mid pipe to the catback ( any anything on those parts that has a cut/hole/ crack .............) most of the time they are very noticeable but sometimes if the leak is very small they are hard to detect.

Hicks

Reaction score
o... well sometimes when i give it salittle gas randomly the car will spue out alot of smog at once for a second..

or when i go into a drop or something while on the gas smog will come out for a second... like a cloud of doo doo

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hicks said:
o... well sometimes when i give it salittle gas randomly the car will spue out alot of smog at once for a second..

or when i go into a drop or something while on the gas smog will come out for a second... like a cloud of doo doo

out the back of the exhaust pipes right?

Hicks

Reaction score
yea

I DO..
Got a bad seal
and no cats
2 chamber exhaust
off road h-pipe *2 intch all the way back*

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
an exhaust leak is hard to explain, it could sound like a "tatting" or an "open header" sound.

thanks everyone..she better run flawlessly for awhile..shes getting me back for all the curse words and shit i was throwing around when doing the clutch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online