REAL Anderson Motorsports Vortech Si dyno numbers?

CobraSound

Reaction score
Looking at doing a big first mod to my 1995 Cobra. This would save me some time and headaches from playing with the stock motor piece by piece and also be able to go on to the new motor which I am buying. A T trim upgrade would be needed but they are claiming 390+hp to the wheels on a stock 94 Cobra.

I would guess 330-350. Has anyone used or know of anyone whos used this kit? https://www.andersonfordmotorsport....rim-supercharger-kit-fits-94-95-5-0l-mustang/

TrickVert

Reaction score
Not a direct comparison but pretty close: 95 GT with GT40-P heads, TrickFlow Street Heat U/L intake, and a Vortech V2/SQ with AFM Power Bypass @ 10 PSI (3.3" pulley) makes 400 RWHP / 375 RWTQ on a safe tune. Full mods are in my signature.

350-360 on your stock Cobra is a very realistic expectation, but I wouldn't be surprised if you reached the 390 they claim.

I'd suggest forgoing the FMU they recommend and getting a tune instead. Also do *not* install a breather in the valve cover. Keep your PCV system, install a SuoerCoupe or Supra PCV valve and/or check valve, and get a vented oil-filler cap like THIS ONE. If your interested, I started a whole discussion on it at the Corral HERE when I was contemplating it.

EDIT: I just realized you participated in another thread where I listed my setup and results. Sorry for the duplication.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CobraSound

CobraSound

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I’d agree that combo is fairly close.

I am looking for a reputable tuner in Texas. Everyone I call wants more money because it’s a 95 and requires more drivability tuning. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. These cars have been out long enough that any knowledgeable tuner should know EXACTLY what to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.