Reality check - price out of line?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Just find someone local who can weld. I had a friend do mine in a few hours with my help for $50. Its not hard just takes a little time and a little knowledge with the welder

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Holy crap, it took us less than 3 hours on mine and that's laying on the ground, counting the time I took to paint them.

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Thanks all for confirming my suspicions. I don't mind paying for quality work, but the price should be fair. Perhaps this guy is trying to take advantage of me because I'm a woman. Don't know, but do know that I was never going to pay that much for the job. It's sad that I'm having so much trouble finding knowledgeable mechanics in my area but I'll keep on trying!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks all for confirming my suspicions. I don't mind paying for quality work, but the price should be fair. Perhaps this guy is trying to take advantage of me because I'm a woman. Don't know, but do know that I was never going to pay that much for the job. It's sad that I'm having so much trouble finding knowledgeable mechanics in my area but I'll keep on trying!

Ya think lol

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

You should take [MENTION=16648]TanTop94[/MENTION] up on his offer! He's pretty close to where your from right?

TanTop94

Reaction score
You should take TanTop94 up on his offer! He's pretty close to where your from right?

Lol its like a 3 hour drive, that price is just incredible though. Having my own thread where a shop charged my little brother like $800+ for a new AC compressor and labor this shit pisses me off. I have a pretty nice garage if you want to make your way up here:grin:

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lol its like a 3 hour drive, that price is just incredible though. Having my own thread where a shop charged my little brother like $800+ for a new AC compressor and labor this shit pisses me off. I have a pretty nice garage if you want to make your way up here:grin:

Oh damn haha. I feel you man.. My dad took my grandmas 2001 toyota to the shop by her just for an inspection. Took it upon themselves and put all new brakes without asking. ****ing 900 bones. ON AN OLD TOYOTA. My dad flipped.. Needless to say this local guy has been ripping her off for years. Hate people like that.. I needed my x pipe cut and moved a little.. Guy said $200, i was like what? Told him i expected like $125. He said how much you got, i said $125.. Asshole.. He went down $75 like nothing

TanTop94

Reaction score
Oh damn haha. I feel you man.. My dad took my grandmas 2001 toyota to the shop by her just for an inspection. Took it upon themselves and put all new brakes without asking. ****ing 900 bones. ON AN OLD TOYOTA. My dad flipped.. Needless to say this local guy has been ripping her off for years. Hate people like that.. I needed my x pipe cut and moved a little.. Guy said $200, i was like what? Told him i expected like $125. He said how much you got, i said $125.. Asshole.. He went down $75 like nothing

I HATE when shops take it upon themselves to do something like that, who are they to just throw parts on your car without the owners consent...damn car rape if you ask me.

chris91

Reaction score
That's f'in regodamndonkulous!!!

There HAS to be some Mustang guys close to you. I'm sure someone would be able to help you with the install. Maybe make a thread on Corral if you can't find someone close on here.

RichV

Reaction score

Look up Performance Autosport. They deal with a lot of Saleen/Mustang modification as well as have their own stash of cool cars. I have not ever used them on the mechanic side, but have visited their shop a couple of times before they moved. The owners are really cool and all their parts they sell seem to be priced well.

http://www.performanceautosport.com/

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score

Ck out your local car shows and find out where those people are getting their work done. It don't have to just the Mustang people either. You can talk to the bow tie boys and the Dodge dudes too. SFC's are SFC's and should be close to the same everywhere. same with the suspension work too.

95opal

Reaction score
24 hours labor to weld on subframe connectors??? what a piece of shit. I paid $150 to have mine installed. Any shop that can weld should be able to install them. Please don't buy anything from them, that's just flat out stealing

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Just find someone local who can weld. I had a friend do mine in a few hours with my help for $50. Its not hard just takes a little time and a little knowledge with the welder

/\ that's about it right there anymore than $150 is robbery. It shouldn't take an experienced shop anymore than 2 hrs ...

TanTop94

Reaction score
Im not sure if I missed this but can you please post up the info on this shop? Its time the interwebz had their way with them..

Nightmare

Reaction score
Seems like there are a lot of shops in VA that are out to rape the customer. When the throwout bearing on my stang went out when I was in VA I had a Ford Dealer try to charge me 1500 for clutch and install, and tried to tell me that the clutch alone cost 750....Called up my dealership and was told that cost was only like 250 max....dafq?

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Ck out your local car shows and find out where those people are getting their work done. It don't have to just the Mustang people either. You can talk to the bow tie boys and the Dodge dudes too. SFC's are SFC's and should be close to the same everywhere. same with the suspension work too.

Well, the local Mustang club is where I got the recommendation for this shop! And no offense (if any of the local club is on here) but in my eyes these dudes seem to be older than me (I'm 50) and appear to be well off - maybe that's why this shop charges what they can get. Most of the cars in the shop when I visited were classics, and show quality for sure.

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Im not sure if I missed this but can you please post up the info on this shop? Its time the interwebz had their way with them..

If anyone wants the name I'll PM it. I don't want to put it up publicly as I might get backlash in the local group. This is a popular person, he's got cars on magazine covers and is involved in prepping local racing cars. The way I look it it, if he jacked me around with pricing I figure he loses anyway as I'm taking my business elsewhere.

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
And TanTop94, I do wish I lived closer! I am going to talk to the guys at Performance Autosport when I get the chance, see what they quote me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online