Really need help please.

dntgtbit

Reaction score
Ok here's my problem. I started out with my black 95 cobra. Built the car had it tuned on the way home from the Dyno car came off the trailer totaling the cobra. So I bought a nice 94 gt roller. Swapped over the entire drivetrain. Rear end, k member, brakes. Also swapped over the wiring harness all except the dash harness. Didn't mess with any of that. Got it all together and went to start it today and when I turn the key the gauges work and horn. But I dint hear the fuel pumps kick on and it doesn't make any noise when I try to start it. Doesn't try to do anything at all. Could I have missed something? I researched it and a few people say the cobra wiring harness is different than the gt. Is this true? I'm really not sure where to go from here. Please help.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Did you switch over the fuel pump and tank also?

If not it could be just a dead pump.

OP
OP
D

dntgtbit

Reaction score
Yes I swapped over tank and pumps. It's not just the fuel pumps. It doesn't do anything when I turn the key. Doesn't crank or do anything.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Well if its not cranking that would be something electrical....CCRM hooked up right? I know your car wont do shit without that. Battery charged? Grounds check out ok?

OP
OP
D

dntgtbit

Reaction score
As of right now the ccrm isn't plugged it. Was just trying to see if it would crank. Will the ccrm not being plugged in cause the fuel pumps to come on or even try to crank?

TanTop94

Reaction score
As of right now the ccrm isn't plugged it. Was just trying to see if it would crank. Will the ccrm not being plugged in cause the fuel pumps to come on or even try to crank?

I cant remember right off hand if my car did crank or not without the ccrm plugged in....well I think we ruled that out. How about your battery, ignition, grounds.

RichV

Reaction score
The CCRM has the pump relay IIRC. But it should still crank. It's been a while, but I remember wanting to ditch the CCRM before I knew what it was.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I knew it was something like that ^^ hmm...that makes me think about my brothers car, he pump wasn't that loud when he car just wouldn't start but only cranked in the driveway. Might have to check the ccrm before I drop the tank.

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
Isn't there a fuel cutoff switch in the trunk which activates during collisions. Have you reset it?

OP
OP
D

dntgtbit

Reaction score
Okay guy I got the fuel pumps to come on. It was the ccrm causing that. Now the car still doesnt crank though. You get in turn the key and everything powers up juat doesnt crank or anything. What would cause that? Would a bad ground cause the car to not try to crank at all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

TanTop94

Reaction score
Do you have a good charge? A weak charge will allow accessories to come on but not enough to crank it.

OP
OP
D

dntgtbit

Reaction score
Okay lol now I got the car to crank and now the fuel pumps wont come on. I dont know what the heck is going on. All I did was plug in a plug I missed at the computer.

toyman

Reaction score
What did you do to get it to crank? The CCRM also has the ECU power relay as well as the fuel pump and the cooling fan relays. Are the engine and chassis grounds 100%?

OP
OP
D

dntgtbit

Reaction score
Okay boys she is alive lol. Got a new ccrm. Found a plug I had forgot and ran an extra ground. She is up and running again. Thabks everyone for all your great help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010