Rear Anti Roll Bar / Rear LCA's install.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I got a set of J&M Rear LCA's to put on.. Might be picking up an eibach rear anti roll bar too.. Best way to go about installing these? I have a floor jack, jack stands, impact w/ sockets..

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Best way I found is to jack up the car as high as you can safely, then place stands under the body to let most of the tension off the springs.
Removing the lca to frame bolts first was helpful in my car due to the fact that the other bolts were rusted to the sleeves (actually had to cut the driver's side bolt out of the lca to replace it.

Sway bar goes back on just like stock piece.
Just make sure you put the new lca's on the correct side.

TanTop94

Reaction score
The way I would do it...as I have been planning on how to do it as Ill be buying some soon is...

1. Break lug nuts loose
2. Jack up car, Place on jack stands
3. Remove wheels.
4. Jack rear up some and place on jack stands
5. Remove stock sway bar -4 bolts in total I believe. Tight fit to get to bolts
5 1/2. Remove springs. By jacking up rear and removing opposite side spring. Safety step.
6. Remove stock LCAs- 4 bolts in total I believe
(Run into unsuspecting problem)
7. Install new LCAs
(Run into another unsuspecting problem)
8. Install new Sway bar
9. Reverse install from step 3
LOL sounds about right.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to get new control arm bolts just for the added insurance in case any stock 19 year old bolts break.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Make sure the suspension is loaded when you fully tighten down the rear lca bolts. Other than that its fairly straight forward just follows the steps above

Butch

Reaction score
I'm going to get new control arm bolts just for the added insurance in case any stock 19 year old bolts break.

Replace all bolts you take off, just saying. Blew 2 er 3¿ bolts on the pressure plate that one time =\„ lesson learned for meh.

Sent from your moms breastesses

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Couple pointers:

- remove control arm from body side first
- don't forget to grease the bushings AND the surface of the mounting brackers
- use a pry bar and/or giant screwdriver to guide the control arm bushing into the axle bracket when reinstalling
- for the ARB, guide it into place on either side, install 1 bolt, guide other side, install 1 bolt. Repeat process for other 2 bolts.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Replace all bolts you take off, just saying. Blew 2 er 3¿ bolts on the pressure plate that one time =\„ lesson learned for meh.

Sent from your moms breastesses
Yeah. Well the lowers come with all new bushings and the bolts I'm getting is for the lowers only. I'll look into new roll bar bolts too. thanks man
Couple pointers:

- remove control arm from body side first
- don't forget to grease the bushings AND the surface of the mounting brackers
- use a pry bar and/or giant screwdriver to guide the control arm bushing into the axle bracket when reinstalling
- for the ARB, guide it into place on either side, install 1 bolt, guide other side, install 1 bolt. Repeat process for other 2 bolts.

thanks a lot man. gonna save all these pointers and info so I can go over all of it when I do it. I was gonna let my mechanic do the rear lcas and roll bar but I think I can do it myself, have all the tools needed and I could have my dad lend a hand, he's good with stuff like that. Rather save the 100-200 I'd pay for labor and use that toward the tlok rebuild and new bolts lol

redriderjf87

Reaction score
Yeah like others said, if you can handle bolts being rusted to the sleeve, you should be fine. Mine also had next to zero clearance with my exhaust, but that might've just been my setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online