waxt2.jpg

Aftermarket saleen style that one looks to be similar too
ericscd270.JPG

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
Oh ok. I learn something everyti me I log on here. I think I'm going to pick it up and just fit it up to see if I like it's for $50 it's worth it.

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
I ended up getting this for $30 need a little cleaning and strip the old paint off but the bumper is in over all good condition. Looks like they didn't prep this properly before painting it. And it's been painted 2 times. Anyone know of a good way to strip the paint without messing up the urethane?

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I've never had an issue just using mineral spirits or paint thinners, if you're still worried just sand it all off.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sanding all the curves sucks I know because I was doing it last summer. I didn't want to use chemical for fear of messing with the bumper and after about 4 hrs of sanding all those damn curves(didn't have the compressor yet) I figured I had another 10 hrs left. I found a place local media blasting company that did the whole thing for I think $50. And I don't like shelling out cash for items like that I can DIY normally but when I started to think about how many hours week I have to work on the car when I don't feel bad, I dropped it off and wrote a check.

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
Yea I've worked at body shop and we used to just have everything blasted but I can't remember which company we used. I can sand it all off but like you said it would be a pain. Especially since there are 2 different thick layers of paint.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In all the pictures I have seen online of cars with this kit, the pieces always looked to big. Yesterday I saw a kid in my neighborhood with this rear bumper on his SN and it actually looked ok. The size gave the car a more modern look since all the newer cars are bigger than ours.

OP
OP
R

rkramer19

Reaction score
In all the pictures I have seen online of cars with this kit, the pieces always looked to big. Yesterday I saw a kid in my neighborhood with this rear bumper on his SN and it actually looked ok. The size gave the car a more modern look since all the newer cars are bigger than ours.

i had a buddy with the entire kit and I liked it on his vert. But I don't know how I am going to feel about it. I am going to have it blasted then fit it up and see if I like it. If I don't I'm going to just post it for sale

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online