Rear Diff Service?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Im thinking of doing mine, draining the fluid and replace with royal purple, we do it on cars all the time at work, but i dont think mine has ever been done. Ive done it on my jeep dana 30 and 35 it was very easy, is it pretty easy on the 8.8?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
do you have gears in your car? Sorry I cant remember if you do or not :D anyway if you do, the fluid in there should have been NEW when those gears were installed. If not its not hard to do, put it up on a lift ( to make it easier ) there is a drain plug you remove to take out the fluid and then put in the new stuff. Pretty simple job if the car is up in the air. Mine had fresh fluid put in with my 4:30's :dancing6:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ya i have gears, i kinda fooched them up when two kids were talking shit across the parking lot and i dropped the clutch in reverse. Now when i get into reverse it goes reerrr reeeer reeeer rerrr

Downshift

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
ya i have gears, i kinda fooched them up when two kids were talking shit across the parking lot and i dropped the clutch in reverse. Now when i get into reverse it goes reerrr reeeer reeeer rerrr
When I bought my car it did that. Still does but I got pissed off really bad one night and did what you did but now if I dont hold the shifter in reverse it kicks it out of gear and grinds real bad. I thought I was pissed then now im really mad at what I did to my car :comando: Any thoughts?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
my guess is snchros. my old 86 gt could spin em in reverse thats why i did it. mines not as bad as yours, im sure i have some metal shavings in there. :rant:

94stangr

Reaction score
I changed mine last week with synthetic 80W90 and changed my 5spd oil as well..

Friction modifier ?? Was I suppose to use that stuff in my 7.5" ?

S

scarface

94stangr said:
I changed mine last week with synthetic 80W90 and changed my 5spd oil as well..

Friction modifier ?? Was I suppose to use that stuff in my 7.5" ?
Only if you have a ford traction lock rear diff.

94stangr

Reaction score
Nope.. I wish.. Definately gonna be one of my next mods though.

Downshift

Reaction score
I cant even imagine not having some sort of T-lock. It sure is a fun thing to have haha. You will be much more happier when you get it im sure.

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
yea its pretty easy even on a set of jack stands in a garage. i did mine like that. I used Lucas full synthetic 80W 90 ( i think) and some friction modifier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.