Rear J&m Adjustable LCAs - Brake Cable Clearance

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Just installed adjustable j&m rear LCAs and 3/8" wheel spacers. I was already running 285s on 18" Saleens with no spacers on the stock LCAs, but now my e-brake cable touches the tire when engaged in the passenger side. Driver's did is close but has some room. I don't think there's enough slack in the cable to mount it elsewhere. I have it mounted to the rear bolt hole for the sway bar.

Anyone else run into this?

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I guess it touches when the e-brake isn't engaged too. Basically the stock bracket sticks out too far, but there's more slack than I thought. Just need to come up with a creative way too mount the cable now.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are there provisions on those LCA's for the cable? I know on my MM ones I reused the stock bracket but per instructions had to flip them upside down (meaning I used the original driver side over on the passenger, and the original passenger side over on the driver side IIRC). Are you using the stock cable brackets?

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
432f10d702457612e4abd609ecf1122b.jpg
I figured out a way to mount the bracket to the body. I removed the ABS bracket that attaches to the body and put the e-brake bracket in its place by using the provision for the ABS line that's on the e-brake bracket and flipping it around.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=8641]v6mustang94[/MENTION], I see from your pic that your LCA's have the stock sway bar mounting holes - why didn't you just reuse one of the holes (like the stock LCA's) for the e-brake cable bracket? Like this:

IMG_4040.jpg

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
The ring the cable ran through stuck out too far. Maybe I could have tried that if I bent it upwards too. Either, mission accomplished and good to go :)

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The ring the cable ran through stuck out too far. Maybe I could have tried that if I bent it upwards too. Either, mission accomplished and good to go :)

Ah, stuck out too far because you had wider tires on the rear. Okay, I'm on the same page now. Sorry about that. Yah, could have bent them upwards - but interestingly enough I haven't heard about other folks running wide tires on the rear having to do this - but maybe this is one of those "you expect to do it so no one really talks about it" type things. Either way, sounds like you are set!

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Yeah, it threw me off because no one else seems to talk about it. The fact that I didn't try flipping and switching them is probably the problem. At the time, just didn't look it would help.

RichV

Reaction score
The bolt heads to your swaybar are not on the right side. The clips mount to the swaybar, not the control arm, then the bolt heads will be on the outside and you can mount it as mcgslr2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.