Rear Seat Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you never have any ass in the back seat......why keep it? I like the kit, I say get it . :thumb:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
if no one plants there :ass3: in the back seat, i say buy it cause that looks super clean! i would but i have friends that ride in my car sometimes :-\

fawcett

Reaction score
forget that kit, you can make everything yourself with little effort.
take some cardboard make a upper and lower templete, cut each to fit then trace on some
plywood. after that you can cover it with whatever fabric you want- i have seen many use
the same fabric that subwoofer boxes use. dont spend all that money when you can do it for
much less and put that money into some go-fast, show, or suspension parts.

i am taking this challenge on in about a week or two, i do have some carpentry experience
but that shouldnt matter- this is really easy to do. i am still undecided about the fabric and color
choice, i have a two tone interior: black on top, gray on the bottom.

personally i love the look of two subs in the middle of all that space, but i dont like my music
to sound like bass i am more of a mids and highs kind of guy with the occasional bass blast.
i also want my ride to be as light as possible so big stereos arent on the future mod list.

whatever you choose to do i wish you the best,
-fawcett

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
I done mine the sneaky way, you could say. Mine looks like its got a full back seat but everything is gutted. The bottom of the seats have had most of the inner structure cut out and all of the foam has been gutted. Its just a basic frame with the cloth stretched over it. On the seat backs I done the same thing, there is no metal frame inside of the seat backs, just foam and a fiberglass/plastic board. I removed the board and cut out most of the foam, just left enough to keep the shape of the seat. I layed the bottom seats in and zip tied the back cushions in. It looks like a nice, comfy, rear seat. But you do not want to sit in it. lol The heaviest part of it is the main back frame that holds the hinges so the rear backs will fold down. While your back there that far its also a good time to take out all of the mach460 stuff, amps, speakers, speaker deck. But you may not want to go that far. 8)

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
DisturbedRacing said:
I done mine the sneaky way, you could say. Mine looks like its got a full back seat but everything is gutted. The bottom of the seats have had most of the inner structure cut out and all of the foam has been gutted. Its just a basic frame with the cloth stretched over it. On the seat backs I done the same thing, there is no metal frame inside of the seat backs, just foam and a fiberglass/plastic board. I removed the board and cut out most of the foam, just left enough to keep the shape of the seat. I layed the bottom seats in and zip tied the back cushions in. It looks like a nice, comfy, rear seat. But you do not want to sit in it. lol The heaviest part of it is the main back frame that holds the hinges so the rear backs will fold down. While your back there that far its also a good time to take out all of the mach460 stuff, amps, speakers, speaker deck. But you may not want to go that far. 8)

lolz i dont have the mach sound, my ride has no ac no upgraded sound other than 2 6x9 explodes 2 explode components and n explode deck LoL! so who knows lol

ba#97

Reaction score
would you have to use the plywood to make the kit yourself? or could you get away with using just a type of carpet and some sound deadening material? i guess if you still wanted to keep the trunk open to the inside you could make a hinge of some sort on the plywood if you went that route.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would pay that much for the delete. Besides that it is great way to add some personalization to it and make it custom/cool. I did put a hinge on the bottom grey section and it is great for storage, behind the top part I am going to install a limited edition pheonix gold amp.

23954204007_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online