rear seat subwoofer setup?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
oh ok.. i think just 1 10" sub and nothing else on that whole MDF board would be kinda boring looking though. maybe not though? idk...

also, do you guys think i can tackle this myself? there is a shop here in my city who does fantastic work.. they will charge me 225 for a tuned BOXed ENCLOSURE with the rear seat thing going on like i want it... carpeted, box made, materials.. everything.. for 225? sound like a deal or should i just do it myself?

i can't wait.. i get my stuff monday! (UPS shipping says at least.. normally right on time though)

waltnono

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
oh ok.. i think just 1 10" sub and nothing else on that whole MDF board would be kinda boring looking though. maybe not though? idk...

also, do you guys think i can tackle this myself? there is a shop here in my city who does fantastic work.. they will charge me 225 for a tuned BOXed ENCLOSURE with the rear seat thing going on like i want it... carpeted, box made, materials.. everything.. for 225? sound like a deal or should i just do it myself?

i can't wait.. i get my stuff monday! (UPS shipping says at least.. normally right on time though)

I'm not knock'n ur design I already my box and amp and was going to just have my sub show'n.

waltnono

Reaction score
I dont think it would be to hard. I'm just wooried about how many times it will take me to get that angle correct to have the box flush with the opening ;D

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

Cut out the Mustang Logo in the board and then put a neon in it, it would look badass

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
no joke fets.. maybe ill just print off a really large Sn95Forums logo and route it in it...?? wow ideas! mmm i like it.

red neon behind it? oooo teh hottness? who agrees?

theponyfactor

Reaction score
I think you should do it yourself...as with anything, just take your time and do it right the first time around. i work everyday for engineers so when i build my box i designed everything on the computer and made drawings. made it a lot easier when it came time to start cutting. (i just did a square box though)

lol here's a pic with my sisters car getting the mdf....i was too excited to wait for my dad to get home with the truck

l_8a006e04ccb821c0bb2b34b73b334e08.jpg

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
no joke fets.. maybe ill just print off a really large Sn95Forums logo and route it in it...?? wow ideas! mmm i like it.

red neon behind it? oooo teh hottness? who agrees?

That would look very bad ass :)

I wanted to do something like this to mine but I was too lazy
trunk1.jpg

backseat2.jpg

night5.jpg

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hmm.. w/e i think im just going to pay my friend 225 to build a box just like the one pictured...

he builds some amazing boxes..

im thinking about going ahead and while im in the car doing the stereo, switching out the 460 with aftermarket speakers and POSSIBLY and 4 channel amp..

gt96stang

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
hmm.. w/e i think im just going to pay my friend 225 to build a box just like the one pictured...

he builds some amazing boxes..

im thinking about going ahead and while im in the car doing the stereo, switching out the 460 with aftermarket speakers and POSSIBLY and 4 channel amp..

Buy a nice component set of speakers for the front and a good 2-channel amp for them, and throw away the rear speakers... You really don't need them..

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
neh im buying 4 full range speakers.. im not going to deal with a component system.. i dont want to spend that much on them..

so just 4 full range infinities and possibly a 4 channel amp depending on how they sound. should sound fine though cause i had them in my truck w/o an amp.

gt96stang

Reaction score
eh, guess that's your choice.. I know even with my stock speakers amped, I don't use the rears...I just haven't got around to buying some new speakers.. And you can have a pretty nice comp. setup plus amp for around $200..

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well i can get a set of 150 dollar infinities for 40 bucks new.. so buy fronts and rears, and a kicker zx350.4 amp for 159.