Rear shock suggestion (air lift dc'd kit)

MichaelS0613

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 98GT with front and rear air suspension kits by Air Lift Performance. The car was T Boned and bent one or the rear shocks in the process. Bodywork has already been corrected. The shock would typically be an easy fix... order the Air Lift Performance replacement shock. Sadly, Air Lift Performance discontinued the kit for SN95s and the proper replacement shock is no longer available. It is a one way 30 position adjustable unit that looks like it would be from a coilover kit. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative replacement shocks?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518_131345_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518_131345_Chrome.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 4

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have ridetech shockwaves controlled by a air lift performance system. Ridetech makes good stuff just an hour north of me. I actually watched them put mine together.

OP
OP
M

MichaelS0613

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. The Shockwaves do look interesting, and a good option if there are no suitable shocks --or should I say dampers, that would work well in place of the ones that come along with the bags in the air lift kit. I'd rather keep the current air lift performance bags if possible until they require replacing.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
is it the metal that is bent on it or just a busted bag? I know I was told that the shockwaves are rebuildable and the bags replaceable.

OP
OP
M

MichaelS0613

Reaction score
Soery for the delayed reply. On the Air lift setup there is an adjustable monotube shock that looks like it would come from a coilover setup, which goes in the normal shock position, and thete is a separate bag, that goes in the normal spring position. The bag is good, the shock has a bent shaft and Im in search of a suggestion of a replacement shock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MichaelS0613

Reaction score
I'll have to take a look at what Fox has to offer. Maybe they have something suitable as a replacement.

OP
OP
M

MichaelS0613

Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but I still wanted to post a follow a up. After much debate over which way I was going to go, I ended up finding a place who had an air lift rear kit in stock and bought it.

Ricksnake

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 98GT with front and rear air suspension kits by Air Lift Performance. The car was T Boned and bent one or the rear shocks in the process. Bodywork has already been corrected. The shock would typically be an easy fix... order the Air Lift Performance replacement shock. Sadly, Air Lift Performance discontinued the kit for SN95s and the proper replacement shock is no longer available. It is a one way 30 position adjustable unit that looks like it would be from a coilover kit. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative replacement shocks?
Are you sure Airlift doesn't make them anymore? I'm finding it on the website and I had a full suspension install in July.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online