Rear Spring Rate To Match 300lb. MM Coil Overs???

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by Paul94gt, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Paul94gt

Paul94gt New Member

[HR][/HR] Just like the title says. I have a MM coil over kit coming in and I would like to hear some experienced opinions on what would be a good rate to run in the rear. I ordered the coil overs with a 300lb. spring. The car, as far as I know, has either Ford B or C springs in it. Which I hope to confirm today or tomorrow when I put the Koni Yellows in the rear.

Obviously I will call Maximum. But I just want to hear what you all are running.

2. McCloud

McCloud Active Member

I'm sorry for the late response but I'm running 300lb 10" MM coilovers with H&R race springs in the rear. When I ordered my setup from them that is what they recommended for a non-torque arm rear rate.

3. B.mad

B.mad Well-Known Member Preferred Vendor

Yup it depends on what sway bars you want to run and if you want the PHB/TA setup. Just to give you an idea, i am running stock gt sway bars and the PHB/TA. The fronts are 375 rear is 225. So if you are running same as me with a 300 up front, maybe want to run 150-175 in the rear? if you dont run the PHB/TA you can run a higher spring rate. Also, something to keep in mind is a square tire set up vs staggered