REAR Wheel Studs.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whats your question, sugar tits?

#1) yes you're fine replacing them with OEM units.
#2) yes ARP makes a set if you're interested in aftermarket options (axles need to be removed for proper install)
#3) removal of OEM studs consists of hitting them with a BFH.
#4) install of OEM studs consists of using a impact-gun with an extra lug-nut to drive the new ones on.
#5) discard the lug-nut(s) used to install OEM ones and replace them with new lug nuts to prevent crossing threads.
#6) yes the link you posted will fit your car.

:)

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
whats your question, sugar tits?

#1) yes you're fine replacing them with OEM units.
#2) yes ARP makes a set if you're interested in aftermarket options (axles need to be removed for proper install)
#3) removal of OEM studs consists of hitting them with a BFH.
#4) install of OEM studs consists of using a impact-gun with an extra lug-nut to drive the new ones on.
#5) discard the lug-nut(s) used to install OEM ones and replace them with new lug nuts to prevent crossing threads.
#6) yes the link you posted will fit your car.

:)

Suga tits haha thats too funny lol. Yeah I was just curious if stock replacements would be ideal for a daily mostly, not tracking it, or running spacers so. Yeah I'm not looking to pull the axles, so a big FAWKING hammer, which I have a baby sledge, than a big mofo, or normal hammers will work. I also saw about the putting lug nuts on the studs to pull them in with an impact, so that I can do no issues there. I still have the factory open end lug nuts, those would work to pull the studs in right? Thanks tits

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Yes you've posted this before
No you don't need to upgrade and I would suggest you don't unless you plan on using spaces or open ended lugs because a longer stud might not work with your current lug nuts.. depending.
No you shouldn't buy those from LMR, I got 10 front studs and 10 rear studs for like $25 at Napa... they're only like $1.30 each or something. $12 for 5 is overpriced IMO
Rears you might have to grind them down a tiny bit to clear your ABS ring like I had to, doesn't affect the stud at all and that little stud installer tool I told you about and an old lug nutty don't care about will make the install sooooo much easier.
This guy:
2719b0efd93effcc3fe9c835ebe13cac.jpg

http://m.autozone.com/autozone-mobile/en/accessories/Lisle-Wheel-stud-installer/_/N-2747?id=222512
text me if you want me to explain how I did mine.. again.. lol

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Also my local autozone rents that stud installer. Pay the $30, get the tool, and then bring it back and get a full refund. Your local one should do that too.
And no don't pull the axles idk why people do that that's too much effort.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you've posted this before
No you don't need to upgrade and I would suggest you don't unless you plan on using spaces or open ended lugs because a longer stud might not work with your current lug nuts.. depending.
No you shouldn't buy those from LMR, I got 10 front studs and 10 rear studs for like $25 at Napa... they're only like $1.30 each or something. $12 for 5 is overpriced IMO
Rears you might have to grind them down a tiny bit to clear your ABS ring like I had to, doesn't affect the stud at all and that little stud installer tool I told you about and an old lug nutty don't care about will make the install sooooo much easier.
This guy:
2719b0efd93effcc3fe9c835ebe13cac.jpg

http://m.autozone.com/autozone-mobile/en/accessories/Lisle-Wheel-stud-installer/_/N-2747?id=222512
text me if you want me to explain how I did mine.. again.. lol

Ive never seen this thing before... there anything on youtube about how it works?

Also my local autozone rents that stud installer. Pay the $30, get the tool, and then bring it back and get a full refund. Your local one should do that too.
And no don't pull the axles idk why people do that that's too much effort.

Hardened studs need to be pressed in for proper install. Not required for OEM replacements.

Suga tits haha thats too funny lol. Yeah I was just curious if stock replacements would be ideal for a daily mostly, not tracking it, or running spacers so. Yeah I'm not looking to pull the axles, so a big FAWKING hammer, which I have a baby sledge, than a big mofo, or normal hammers will work. I also saw about the putting lug nuts on the studs to pull them in with an impact, so that I can do no issues there. I still have the factory open end lug nuts, those would work to pull the studs in right? Thanks tits

yes.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Ive never seen this thing before... there anything on youtube about how it works?

Hardened studs need to be pressed in for proper install. Not required for OEM replacements.

not sure about a video, basically you slide the stud in, slide the installer onto the stud, and hand tighten a lug nut onto the stud til it's tight against the installer, the installer is basically a bearing, it allows an impact gun to tightened the lug nut until the stud is pulled through the hub and is flush with the back, all without stripping out the new stud or lug nut. Makes life so much easier being able to pull the stud through rather than hit it from the back.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
not sure about a video, basically you slide the stud in, slide the installer onto the stud, and hand tighten a lug nut onto the stud til it's tight against the installer, the installer is basically a bearing, it allows an impact gun to tightened the lug nut until the stud is pulled through the hub and is flush with the back, all without stripping out the new stud or lug nut. Makes life so much easier being able to pull the stud through rather than hit it from the back.

oh. okay. similar stuff is required to pull/install a pulley on eatons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010