Rearend is shot

mongo

Reaction score
What are some good performance parts to build up a stock rearend. I plan to eventually supercharge my car and only want to fix my rearend once.

Spyder

Reaction score
How much power do you really plan on putting down?

If your not gonna go crazy you would be just fine with rebuilding or buying a new carrier.
If you have big plans then all you really need is a new carrier, and some 31 splines just for safety.

97vertstang

Reaction score
like spyder said what do u have in mind????? the most common are a new traction lok, or eaton, some moser axles, 4.10s and all new bearings and seals. if u are going to do some serious drag racing some 35 spline axles 4.88 gears and a spool ;D ;D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spyder said:
How much power do you really plan on putting down?

If your not gonna go crazy you would be just fine with rebuilding or buying a new carrier.
If you have big plans then all you really need is a new carrier, and some 31 splines just for safety.

yep

I'd do axles while it's apart, they're cheap

97gtconv.

Reaction score
for me if im gonna turbo/supercharge mine i'm going with 31 spline's and a 31 spline carrier. those carriers are usually cheap and found in alot of ford trucks...i do that if i was changing gears. i wouldn't though just to beef it up...moser 28 splines or strange can handle a pretty good beating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx