Recaro Seats For SN95 Cobra

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by LongLostLatz, Oct 18, 2016.

1. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

I have a black on black 1998 Cobra. It's very black and I was looking for some contrast with my seats. Originally I was looking for Recaro Sports out of an EVO8 or 9 but I stumbled onto these at a local JDM importer. They were special edition seats put in an R32 GTR but they are basically the sport model seats with special color/pattern. I wasn't looking for this much color but they are starting to grow on me.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

if the price is right you can always have them recovered or try dying them black.

3. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

Yeah I thought about finding a beat up set and having them recovered but I'd be looking at 1300-1500 total vs finding a clean original set is 800-1000. My question is would this be too much red even though the entire rest of the interior is black.

[​IMG]

4. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Recaros? Hell yes

5. PinkieT

PinkieT Well-Known Member

You could find a similar color red paint and do some accents - bezels around the power window switches, the bezel around the radio to start. I painted those and also the instrument cluster bezel and passenger air bag, defrost grills, etc. Mine may be overkill, but just a little might be right for you. I got used pieces from a boneyard and kept the originals - I can convert it all back to stock in half an hour.

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

it depends on you and how you like your stuff. We all like to replace/upgrade our crap and like it when others notice and needless to say that is an upgrade from the stock seats that you will want people to notice. If they are a more subtle color it will still look amazing and people will see them when they take a look. Leave them like they are and from across the parking lot people will be able to see you swapped out your seats and up close notice they are nice. Of course budget always has something do to with it.

7. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

Yeah I was considering just doing the insert on the door that is currently black leather and starting to peel. Possibly red Alcantara or suede. I'm going for a Porsche GT3 inspired direction with the car. Race car but with some luxury sprinkled into the mix.

These are the seats I was originally looking for
    [​IMG]

8. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

Personally, I would love those seats in an all black car with all black interior. They are a badass seat and should be what your eyes are drawn to. If they were cheapo seats like I used to have, I'd rather they blend in more and not be so bold; that's not the case with these recaros

9. Frank.JD.Perez

Frank.JD.Perez Well-Known Member

Gib NAO

10. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

Ok so here's where I'm at. Going to check out a full red set tomorrow. The guy is asking kind of a lot and didn't even bother to clean the seats for the pictures so we'll see how that goes. The first set pictured has me really interested but the seller hasn't responded to my email. Lastly I have a set I found up in Sacramento that look pretty nice despite some dust. They are black cloth and really reasonably priced which
    leads me to believe they might not be authentic. Due to how far away they are it makes it difficult to swing by and check them out. Hopefully the guy can send a picture of the part/model # on the bottom of the seat.
    [​IMG]

11. Frank.JD.Perez

Frank.JD.Perez Well-Known Member

Those are like 500 right? I think I have them saved to look at on my cl app

12. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

Yeah the guy is asking 500 but I'd be looking at another 100-150 to have them shipped. He's supposed to send me better pictures and model/part number tonight. They look like nardo cloth sport seats but this is one of the more popular seats to fake. I use to be able to find EVO Recaros locally very easily. The fact that I'm in a hurry to get some seats so I can enjoy the car more doesn't help lol.

13. ReplicaR

ReplicaR Well-Known Member

Or you can get my seats...

[​IMG]

14. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

I considered it but I'm a really big guy and those thigh bolsters don't look very comfortable. The models I'm looking at have more subtle thigh bolstering to accommodate my offensive lineman sized frame. I will definitely pass it on though. I have a buddy looking for seats for his C3 so I will let him know about these.

15. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

Ok the seats that started the thread are out. The seller was way too difficult to deal with. I'm working with the guy on the black set right now. I think I'm just gonna go the route of finding a clean set to use for now and have them reupholstered down the road. I'm thinking black cloth seats with this BMW reproduction "rain cloth" on the insert section.
    [​IMG]

16. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I paid $600 for my Corbeau GT2's that were leather/suede. For shipping look at greyhound as I had mine sent that way and I think it was around $60-75

17. LongLostLatz

LongLostLatz New Member

Yeah the seller is gonna get a quote through greyhound as well as ups ground.