Red Rifle

Spentastic

Reaction score
Well, never have done a build thread before, but lets try it. In honor of my divorce and having time to spend money on a car again, I introduce: The Red Rifle.

New roommate moved in, who owns 2006 S/C GT and we decided to make it a car day.

First Mod: Spoiler moved back 2.5"

Stock

First things first, take it off.

Nice clean look

Ended up trimming the middle tab, because I knew I wanted to push it back pretty far. Didn't want to drill another hole and worry about any possible leak issues. Dremel tool took care of it pretty quick.

Little masking tape. Placed the spoiler down and marked drilling locations during this process.

After trial and error, the final holes. Was worried the trunk struts would get in the away in the back, but cleared it with no issues.

Spoiler in new location 2.5" back. Spoiler still covers up all original holes. You can see the little overlap you are stuck with when pushing the spoiler back this far. Looking at the lines of the car and how the spoiler sets, I believe this is a small sacrifice for the final look.

What our driveway looks like now.

I also had some time to pull the scoop inserts and wipers to give them a new skin. The faded black is all gone now.

Ordered SVE exterior combo kit tonight. So Headlights, antenna, chin, and grill delete coming next. Next week parts to lower will be ordered.

OP
OP
Spentastic

Spentastic

Reaction score
Been awhile, but I've been busy and honestly just forgot to post any updates lol

Here are pics of the Front exterior package that late model offers. I was very Happy with it. Shorty Antenna, Black Headlights, and Front lip.

OP
OP
Spentastic

Spentastic

Reaction score
Then in Jan, I installed some American Muscle Wheels, Red Lugs, Eibach springs, struts, steda bump steer, Eibach front and rear sway bar and some new control arms. This was such a pain to do on my own, I didn't take any photos it also didnt help it was freezing in the garage. Enjoy!

Clearance Check lol

OP
OP
Spentastic

Spentastic

Reaction score
After two months of settle and another realignment, plus bad weather...Here is how she sits now. Love it.

Another old pic before it settled

OP
OP
Spentastic

Spentastic

Reaction score
Yeah, Clutch first and then on to the power. I have a set of pypes catbatack exhaust just haven't decided if I want to put it on yet.

OP
OP
Spentastic

Spentastic

Reaction score
Well, finally installed a power mod. Car just hit 100k, so I rewarded it with a JLT cold air intake. Install took about an hour. Took my time and had no real issues with the install.

The parts

Stock

removing the stock intake setup

MAF installed to new filter

3/4" hole for IAT. Used a Dremel.

New cover into fender

Install of pipe to throttle body

Removing splash guard to install filter

Final product

all and all a good car day

OP
OP
Spentastic

Spentastic

Reaction score
Didn't really take any pics last few things I did. Last month this happened:

Was as in such a hurry didn't snap any pics of putting on the new ford racing manifold with the aluminum crossover.

Two weeks ago I installed the pypes violator catback exhaust system. I'm in love with the sound.

little sound clip. Warm start with some
small revs.
[video=youtube_share;hK6d7qqpcYU]http://youtu.be/hK6d7qqpcYU[/video]

She is coming along.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online