Redline Hood Lifts Problem

SonicStang

Reaction score
Well I finally found the time to install them today and now look at this: The hood doesn't line up with the fender any more. :rant: Neither the lift nor the brackets touch the hood/fender.

Anybody else having that problem? Will that go away after a while?
Maybe the reason for that is that it's a carbon fiber hood :dunno:

post-13-1154011913.jpg

post-13-1154011830.jpg

post-13-1154011925.jpg

post-13-1154012008.jpg

post-13-1154012204.jpg

post-13-1154012217.jpg

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Nice hood. If it didn’t do it before then something you added had to change the geometry of the hood. Can you push on the height spot to see if it will go down? I don’t know much about the C/F stuff but maybe the hydraulic lifts are so strong that they are pushing on the hood making it bow. is there any way to take some of the tension out of the jacks. Maybe if you move the bracket on the hood itself a little to the front or back it will lesson the tension the jack is putting out if you move it forward when you open the hood it will be a little lower. Also he placement of the bracket could be a little off so when you close it the jack is just to long and it wont compress so its bending the hood I would try drilling your rivets out and sliding the brackets forward to the second rivet hole and try that and see how it works

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wow first i've seen of that but its also the first CF hood i've seen it done to. I have seen them installed on a few Fiberglass Cobra R hoods without issue so either your measurements are off or the CF hood isn't rigid enough to repell the struts.

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
I measured again it's all exactly as the manual says. So it's probably the hood :(

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
You have them on upside down?

No. You want them mounted as shown. The fluid inside the cylinder will lubricate the shaft better this way. Got that straight from the reps mouth at Carlisle, PA. :thumb:

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Mine are not from redline racing but the shock goes the other way. I was not being funny. Sorry.

julescar06.jpg

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
Nice wheels, Julian!

So I removed the struts and the hood closes normally. Dangit! Looks like they're too strong...

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
That sucks man but if you want I can help you out. You can give all of it to me including your awesome hood and your problem will be gone. ::) but any way I think if you tweaked with the brackets you could make it so there is less force being applied upward so the hood wont be pushed up. Don’t you just hate when these small little projects become a great undertaking I always seem to get my self in these predicaments

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When i was emailing with a sales rep at Redline he sent me a picture of his 95R with these hood struts and his were not upside down like yours. Maybe try flipping them before you give up.
Heres his..

DSCN5316.jpg

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Hey Matt, I bought mine about 6 or 7 years agao..I was cutting edge. lol I got them from Mustangs Unlimyed and they were like $125. Don't remember the company. Funny how DropTopPony posted a pic from redline racing shwoing them mounted the way I have them. That's why I intially said they were upside down. I think fllipping them is worth a shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online