regarding wiring in a swap

Moninder singh

Reaction score
hey guys im new to the forum and ill be on here more often in the future.

I have a 1994 gt which is currently my daily but will also be my complete parts car for my project 1982 mercedes 500 sec (2 door S class)

this will be my first engine swap and while I am mechanically inclined the wiring part is what i will need help with in the future. my plan is to put the full harness from my mustang into my benz as I will be adapting the air conditioning system and stereo from the mustang to my benz due to familiarity (everything down to the air con knobs and stereo harness...with full harness if possible for lights as well)...I know I will need to get the fuse boxes from the mustang (the one underhood and underdash) set up in the benz, HOWEVER I plan to keep the benz fuse box temporarily to use the power windows until I make a manual crank conversion, can this be done? I will also be keeping the stock mustang fuel injection system and ecu.

the heater is not a concern as this will strictly be my summer car so im fine with ac only, also ill be using the t5 trans from my mustang so driveshaft will have to be made

regarding fuses...lets say as an example the benz requires a 20 amp fuse for headlights but im using the mustang fusebox which uses as an example a 15 amp fuse, can I go out and buy the correct amp fuse and put it in the mustang fusebox (assuming they make a fuse that will fit with correct amps) or am I better off just keeping the benz fusebox for certain things?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its generally a bad idea to put a larger fuse in there. 5 amps is not a huge difference but it is enough over time to cause problems. The best way to do it would be to add a relay under the hood and then you can use the correct gauge wiring and use the correct fuse.

Another option is to add HID/LED lighting. They use significantly less current then halogen and you could leave the 15 amp fuse in there.

OP
OP
M

Moninder singh

Reaction score
its generally a bad idea to put a larger fuse in there. 5 amps is not a huge difference but it is enough over time to cause problems. The best way to do it would be to add a relay under the hood and then you can use the correct gauge wiring and use the correct fuse.

Another option is to add HID/LED lighting. They use significantly less current then halogen and you could leave the 15 amp fuse in there.

there`s what I needed to know, btw those aren`t the exact amps i just put random numbers as an example for a scenario i might face, benz already has HID thankfully...not really familiar much with electrical other than soldering so will get a buddy of mine to help with wiring

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online