Remote lock

El_Trippy_Boricua

Reaction score
Hey guys maybe you guys can help me out so my remote on my 1997 mustang doesn't have range i have to be right next to the receiver to lock or unlock second I have 2 remotes only one of them programs but I looked in the back of them and they both say transmitter 1 could that be why?

Reaction score
the casing that the board is in doesnt make any difference. youd need to actually check out the boards themselves. most likely take them to ford and get it reprogrammed or have someone here help you like [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] or [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION]. also keep in mind that our cars are old so the keyless entry will only work from such a distance

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only ways I have found to increase range is to first replace the battery in the transmitter, 2nd touch it to your chin when you push it(funny but true) or check the antenna. I have no idea where the antenna is, your chin is always available just make it look like your scratching it, and the battery is simple too.

As for the one not programming they made a couple of different series that were all wrapped with the same remote skin. Check to see if the FCC stuff is the same but more then likely you need a different series remote.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Its too funny, I just programed new remotes for my wife's excursion last night.

Scott's got this area more than covered, ill just sit back and make funny comments.

Whats the bet that the OP doesnt come back? Or if he does, its only for one or two more posts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online