remote start

lrall

Reaction score
How many of you guys and gals have them? Anyone in a MT car? I know its dangerous is the car is not in neutral but isnt there a way to let it start if the shifter is in neutral only?

Bluextc

Reaction score
I've got a CompuStar remote starter for manual transmission. It's not working at the moment cause my e-brake sensor isn't working, but before that went, it was great. The way it works is that when you are going to turn off the car, you come to a stop in gear with the clutch in. You then have to set the e-brake, then take it out of gear, then foot off the clutch, and foot off the break, then turn the key off. It won't set unless you do it in that order, and that is how it ensures the car is in neutral. If the car gets put in gear before starting it again, the remote start will un-set itself and will not work. So you can't remote start in gear even if you want to.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have one but i'm an auto...
You can install it on a M/T but you need to remember to leave it out of gear :hammer:

I have a friend who put one in his 5.0 GT and forgot and started it...when the remote start is activated it will keep restarting if your car stalls so his car kept jumping forward then stalling and the computer thinks the car is stalling and tries to restart so it would jump again. It went up the curb and into a wall at his work because the remote start cycles 3 times if it stalls until it will shut itself down. 3 jumps was enough to do alittle damage to his car and a wall.

OP
OP
L

lrall

Reaction score
blue x said:
I've got a CompuStar remote starter for manual transmission. It's not working at the moment cause my e-brake sensor isn't working, but before that went, it was great. The way it works is that when you are going to turn off the car, you come to a stop in gear with the clutch in. You then have to set the e-brake, then take it out of gear, then foot off the clutch, and foot off the break, then turn the key off. It won't set unless you do it in that order, and that is how it ensures the car is in neutral. If the car gets put in gear before starting it again, the remote start will un-set itself and will not work. So you can't remote start in gear even if you want to.
did you have someone install it im assuming? i wonder if VK in town will do it

Bluextc

Reaction score
Yep. These guys did it for me: http://www.imagineaudio.com/

And for anyone in the south jersey area, I highly recommend them, super nice people, and good at what they do.

Oh, and a remote starter can be really funny on a car with modified exhaust. I've scared the crap out of a few people when I remote started at store parking lots and they were next to my empty car. 8)

GDawg

Reaction score
I won't put one in my 5-speed manual Mustang since it's not a daily driver anymore. But I'm going to put one in my (auto) daily commuter Mazda 6 before winter. Here's why...

That's my Mazda on the left...

Snow-Day-1.jpg

OP
OP
L

lrall

Reaction score
thats why i want one, i plan to put an alarm on(mustangless for now...) when i get my 'stang, and 5 spd is the only way

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online